Looking for a great front ported bookshelp speaker recommendation

Hi everyone,

After about a 15 year hiatus from hifi, I'm looking to get back into it. I'm looking for a front ported bookshelf speaker. The reason is that it's going to go inside a cabinet and right against a back wall. My budget is up to $5,000 but the less, the better:) Any advice or guidance would be appreciated.

TIA

blackiridium

Why don't you just get some Sonos or other type of wireless speakers if you're going to stick them in a cabinet?  

There are, of course, many great bookshelf speakers.  However, some of those great speakers will never perform well in a cabinet.  Some, however, do seem to excel in this suboptimal location.  THAT is where you need to focus your research.  I do recall reading about several speakers years ago that do exactly that.  The Madisound Loki Mk3 is one such speaker.  Check it out.  All kind of upgrade options.  Another kit they carry that might perform well in your large room and still fit on a bookshelf in their Seas A26 kit.  

If you have room adding a sub would really help.  Maybe keep this in mind with your speaker budget .

If you’re open to used here’s a pair of Wilson Duettes that were designed to work in compromised placement situations. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/335460734652

@blackiridium If you used to be an Aerial 10t owner, you need to audition the 5t. My son has a pair in a built-in wall unit with his equipment and tv. By toeing in the speakers the imaging is excellent and the sound beats the Harbeths, Spendors and similar British monitors. The ATC speakers are the only ones we auditioned that were even close. Passed on B&Ws because they were too bright. The Aerial does best with an amp with some power. Its sensitivity is only 87db and it is a 4 ohm speaker. Give it 100 watts per channel and it sounds great. 

Btw, my son’s room is 25’ deep, has a high ceiling sloping down to the windows on one side and is open on the other side to the kitchen. 

https://www.audioadvice.com/aerial-5t-bookshelf-speakers-pair+color-Black

Good luck!