Long time lurker looking for HT opinions

So, looking at doing a feature wall in living room.  Need WAF for whatever I decide.  Current setup is an Onkyo TX NR686 driving Focal 707S bookshelfs, Mirage OMC2 center, and focal 300 ICW6 in ceiling speakers as well as an SVS PB1000 sub.  Very modest and certainly not to the levels most are running here, but it serves me well.  That being said, doing about a 12 inch bump out to mount TV on wall and add some kind of stone look.  Have been considering in wall Focals, namely the 300 LCR for L/R/C and then potentially the new 300 ICA6 at the top of the wall for Atmos.  Is this just a bad idea all the way around?  I'm a fan of the laid back sound of the focals hence having a Mirage center in the mix.  Thoughts, comments are welcome.  Not a ton of In Wall reviews.  Sorry for the long post as a first post.

tigheandjudi

I do like Focal speakers and my vote goes to the L/C/R approach where all speakers are totally matched (same brand). I read that with HT movie soundtracks, when sounds move from speaker to speaker, it makes sense to have all speakers totally matched. That’s just my HT two cents…

We have all Focal speakers in our home theatre and it sounds great ! Music sounds good as well. Good luck!

Thanks all for the replies.  I suppose others listening and ears are slightly different than mine.  Imagine that.  I've heard what I would consider "bright" speakers before, and the focals seemed much more towards the sound of my old mirage OM7's.  Of course, it's been a LONG time since I was in the tad higher end of stuff with two kids for the last 20 years....lol.  From what I remember when visiting higher end stores(that seem to be a think of the past), the B&W, Spendor, Sonus Faber speakers were all much more mellow to me compared to Paradigm's, Dali's, KEF.  Maybe I am misremembering, who knows.  Like I said, it's been a long time.  Regardless, thanks all.  Now I need to figure out if I go the 300 LCR all around the TV, or try to save a bit of money and put the 300 regular 6 series for R/L and just the LCR for the center.  @ronboco, what are you using?  In walls or floorstanders and surrounds?