Krell KSA 250

Im looking for a SS amp, is there any reason to NOT buy a KSA250.......

i may be driving ET LFT8B’s 
kgveteran
Make sure it’s in good shape, can be repaired if it conks out, sounds good to you and don’t cost too much.
@dweller i guess i should have a repair facility picked out, in case.....

theres a mark levinson No.23 forsale now on the bay, my guess equals
I owned that Krell amp. I had to change the caps (by Krell).  I replaced it eventually with a Pass Labs X350.5. Better sounding amp IMHO.

ozzy

kgveteran OP

That Krell  is a good amp for a speaker that needs it, but if you study the efficiency, and impedance/-phase graph, you really don't need such a brute of an amplifier as the Krell that can almost double it's wattage for each halving of impedance.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/eminent-technology-lft-viii-loudspeaker-measurements

But these speaker are very low efficiency (dB) so you do need an amp with a lot of watts, up to 200w will be nice, good tube even or Mosfet.

Cheers George
I owned both of these amps in the past, driving Duntech Sovereign speakers. The Levinson might have provided a touch more detail, but I preferred the sound from the Krell. The Krell was less fatiguing, a little more laid back, and provided more robust bass - particularly mid to upper bass - which made male vocals sound better (to me). Both amps imaged very well with these speakers. 
Some of the most revealing and articulate systems I had were driven by KSA, MDA and KMA amps.   These amps have gobs of power, immense grip, clean bandwidth and played as delicate as the music called for.   The only downside decades later is the need for cap replacement, (if the one you're looking at hasn't already been done) but if the price is fair, condition is excellent and you find a Krell savvy repair facility you can have it brought up to snuff for a reasonable outlay.  
I feel like I read recently that Krell factory service is no longer taking these in for repairs, but in the same thread I believe someone dropped the name of a former Krell tech from that era who was on his own or elsewhere and would work on the older models.