Kirmuss 'In the Groove' Ultrasonic Record Restorer - Upscale Audio Edition

Looking to get an ultrasonic disc cleaner. This one was recommended to me by an audiophile friend. Anyone here have this model? Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. I know nothing about  Ultrasonic cleaners but hear they are great. 

128x128knollbrent

I'm reading this thread with some interest as my vinyl collection could realistically use a good cleaning, and I believe "dry" cleaning methods do more harm than good.

In the spirit of 80/20, how about this thing? It has its critics, but few question it does a good job cleaning records.

Also, what do you put in these machines? Distilled water? Thanks! 

Background:  I have cleaned ~4500 LPs using the following process:  

1. Tap rinse
  2. Spin Clean w soap - 6 revolutions, each side
  3. Ultrasonic clean w soap at 2 different frequencies (Elmasonic P, from Germany, 37/80 kHz), the 80kHz produces less heat,- which is a key issue for LPS (most units do not offer this feature).
  4. Tap rinse / drip dry
  5. Spin Clean w D.I - 6 revolutions, each side
  6. Drip dry in a rack / wipe with Spin Clean drying cloths
  7. Store in new sleeves...

First, I know this process is/was excessive. I previous worked in an analytical chemistry lab, so I was accustomed to excessively clean processes/equipment... I cleaned a few LPs each evening, and many during the weekends.  

I have finished this deep cleaning. Now I simply dust each side with a Disc Washer brush before playback.

I recommend you try a few steps to see what satisfies you, your needs and your time-budget.

Second, please know that cheap equipment is CHEAP ONLY ONCE.  After that, you pay every time you use/replace it...  (a lesson that my favorite boss taught me years ago).  I will never buy a Kirmuss gear - period.  There are very few companies that I refuse to consider.   I have no confidence in their products - YMMV.

Best of luck with your adventure and feel free to message me if you want to 'pick my brains' for more details...

First off, thanks for everyone chiming in.  I appreciate everyones time, wisdom and experience. I'll watch some youtube videos on this topic and see if that clears things up for me. It's a lot to digest!

I have heard very good reports on Degritter which I am sure is a better buy.

I use a KL Audio which is sadly no longer made, but if you can find a used one in good condition it would be a very good buy

Kirmuss is an ultra-sonic cleaner with a rotisserie added on. It is just a tool. How you use it is up to you. You don't have to follow the "21 step" process or use the cleaning product that is recommended. You can just use distilled water, maybe add a little alcohol or surfactant if you want. There are tons of discussions on the process here. Read, experiment, think. Selling the tool because you don't like the process is just dumb.