John Strohbeen from Ohm Acoustics passed away

Hello everyone ….

I wanted to share with everyone that John Strohbeen passed away …. I just left his memorial service at BWAC (Brooklyn Waterfront Artists Coalition). John’s passion project ( other then Ohm).

https://www.bwac.org

My condolences to his friends and family and to all the audiophiles in the world … I think the attached video says it all …..

To the Ohm community he gave us all the gift of what he would say “seeing the music …”

Missing my friend everyday ..

Bill

Sometimes Digital Evangelist at Ohm Acoustics

bsohne

I just hope he had a transition plan in place because it would be really sad to see such a unique and respected manufacturer again go the way of Thiel, which was just tragic.

I had a phone conversation with John some years ago. I told him about my find at Goodwill of a pair of Sound Cylinders for a song! John was surprised and remarked that they typically sold used for around $1200/pair! I still have them in use and will always remember John with fondness! 

RIP John! Best regards to family and friends!  I truly hope that Ohm will survive and that a good plan was in place for the employees and business! 

Needless to say you can’t replace someone like JS who has had such a huge positive impact on the lives of so many for so long, but given that, I am hopeful his legacy particularly via Ohm Speakers carries on. Looking forward to hearing some good news on that front!

RIP for sure. I have admired the design and sound of his speakers for some time. I never had a pair but an old school friend had an old pair and they always sound fantastic. I kinda wish I would have bought a pair and I do hope the company keeps going...