IsoAcoustics GAIA

I have IsoAcoustics GAIA II isolators installed on my Sonus faber Liuto floorstander speakers on hardwood floor. I expected some improvement and I got it. Bass is cleaned up and tightened. Stage became more clear because isolators removed a curtain made by unfocused, scattered bass. Floor and sofa vibrations almost disappeared completely. And... WAF is good. GAIAs passed my wife's inspection. Is there anybody with some experience regarding those isolators?

128x128tbiocic

I have the same Gaia II's under my SF Olympica III's and certainly experience the same sonic benefits you describe.  I also run SVS Sound Path subwoofer isolators under my Rel's.  With both of these isolators in place, I can now hear a defined bass replete with micro dynamics, harmonic resonance, and decay.  This allows me to easily follow and enjoy each plucked or bowed note on a double bass or like acoustic instrument.  These subtleties were missing before these feet were installed.  I listen to a lot of Jazz and Chamber music.

I tried them on my JBL ti2k and like you say the bass got a little tighter, but also leaner, and the mids and highs got a little harsher... I ended up sending them back and going to carbon fiber speaker spike floor pucks on top of high duro sorbothane rounds from Amazon for $100 all in and got a much better result than the $550 isoacoustics...

I say hard pass on isoacoustics, on my components I have Ganymede Isolation bearings which are absolutely amazing, but they are no longer made.

Yes. I use them with my stand-mounted Fink Team KIM speakers, and to similarly good effect. Aside from tightening up the base, the reduction in "smearing", which was previously unnoticeable, has had a very positive effect.

No harshness whatsoever in the mids or highs, and I would argue that reduced vibration would never directly have that effect.

Got them under my 200+lbs PBN MONTANA XPS speakers. Once you find a way to install them, they are so much better than the spikes they came with. Isolation is key, not coupling.

I installed them on my KEF Reference 1 stand’s, the difference was positive. Better soundstage and everything tightened up. Recommended for those with hard floors.