Is D for Dry? Class D...

Class D sounds dry and lifeless... thats all, carry on
128x128b_limo
There is a pair of Ohm Walsh 2000s for sale at the music room for a good price. Don’t see those around very often. Perfect match for a nice Class D amp.
It depends. I've experienced quite a few tube and solid state A/AB class amps which were boring or plain unlustenable. I use class D NAD C688 integrated for my patio B&W AM-1 speakers and the sound is decent enough for me to live with this amp as base of the bedroom  system.
In contest - my primary system is mostly McIntosh (C1100 pre, MC452 power amp, SME 20/3 turntable, Manley Steelhead phono, and Sonus Faber Guarneri EVO speakers).
Week ago got a chance to try class D AMPED America power amp 2400. Contrary to expectations (if any), this power amp held it's own against McIntosh MC402 and MC452 amps. I didn't find it dry, unnatural or uninvolving. The sound was clean, detailed, dynamic and on the neutral side of things. Price wise - substantially less than my lovely Macs. 

mapman, a D drives my 'bookshelf' Walsh's rather nicely.  Not surprised by your post at all. *G*

"There are those amongst us that prefer things 'dry'...champagne, martinis', humor, clothing (in general), paint..." *LOL* ;)
Class D, good for powered subs and car stereo amps, and that’s about it. All my opinion. No class D in my house, except my powered tannoy sub in my dedicated home theater set up. Hifi run by class A.