Insurance for system

I have been trying to get theft coverage for my system without success. Between the electronics, cables and add ons I probably have around $100K invested in it. My broker suggested that she might be able to get coverage for some of the gear but not all of it. I know that there are specialty carriers for collectible cars but is anyone aware of insurers who specialize in coverage for what most carriers would consider luxury goods?

128x128lwin

Lloyds will insure just about anything of value, for a cost. But maybe just a rider on your homeowners delineating all your audio stuff.

As stated by others, stereo equipment is covered under the personnel property coverage of your HO policy. However, records are considered media and may have a specific dollar limit. Read the policy 

What you’re looking for is called a Personal Articles Policy. It’s used to insure things like art collections, stereo equipment, and other expensive collectibles. It’s one of the cheapest insurance types to have; don’t try to list these on your regular homeowners or renters policy, as it will be really expensive and/or you’ll max out the allowed scheduled amount. A seven figure Personal Articles Policy will run you two or three grand... Ask your broker about adding it to a homeowners or renters policy.

Thanks everyone for the great information which I will follow up on. It is a treat to be able to post about an issue and get educated responses like this.

I concur with the posts indicating your home owners coverage on it own is insufficient, but getting a rider should be no problem. While my HiFi gear fits withing my home owners coverage my astronomy gear does not.

When I did my riders with Safeco I was told to bundle multiple items together to create "systems" and get a rider for each system. This was more cost effective. I was also told to just state what I wanted it insured for as some items cannot be directly replaced and there could be much debate in replacement value. So for my one telescope I simply said $50,000. This included the telescope and several high end eyepieces. Think amp, pre-amp, turntable, speakers. In the end I'm paying to insure an amorphous $50,000 thing.