If you have a nice system why do you really need room treatments?

Yeah you may need an absorption panel if your room is completely open, ie. No rug or furniture, ie just lonely single chair. But if your system can't cut it in any room then it's a system problem and you should be able to discern a good system regardless of the room.  Unless you put it on the roof of your apartment building but the Beatles seemed to have survived that effort

I think people go nuts with all this absorption acoustical room treatment stuff and it looks kind of awful.  Once in a while you see a really cool looking diffuser panel and I would definitely want one. But to have a system that works really well without any of the acoustical panel distractions is a wonderful thing.

emergingsoul

@zuesman 

And perhaps why such a big change is perceived is because the speaker is rocking back and forth due to the pistonic motion of the woofers and the woofers are unable to perform like they should. I’m going to do a vibration test video this weekend and will post the results. 

Regards 

Ron 

ronboco,

The change isn't perceived when multiple people are sitting in the room and they hear the same thing it's definitely not perceived It's very apparent and the speaker is vibrating not from the woofers moving back and forth but from the vibrations coming through the floor back into the speaker again you really should watch Max Townshend explain all this stuff in the videos he's posted,Google Townshend podiums and you'll be able to o watch them.

Oh yes. Put your stereo at any price into an untreated gym and play it really loud.  If you enjoy it that way, more power to you.  

emergingsoul OP

It’s not rocket science, if you have an echo room get a rug, buy some furniture and maybe stick an absorption panel on one of the walls and corners.

I agree 100%. That is how I did for my room (few 1st reflection points treated with Aurelex). The room should be bit live than dead sound.

In below videos, good treatment won’t get rid of the sound coloration. And my system sounds cleanest. Check out many live-recordings in YT (Chantal Beautiful Life). Alex/WTA

Original music

my system

In Youtube "Chantal Beautiful Life" for more live recordings.

Other

@emergingsoul 

We are simply after better sonics vs just the gear.  It's always been this way.