If you have a nice system why do you really need room treatments?

Yeah you may need an absorption panel if your room is completely open, ie. No rug or furniture, ie just lonely single chair. But if your system can't cut it in any room then it's a system problem and you should be able to discern a good system regardless of the room.  Unless you put it on the roof of your apartment building but the Beatles seemed to have survived that effort

I think people go nuts with all this absorption acoustical room treatment stuff and it looks kind of awful.  Once in a while you see a really cool looking diffuser panel and I would definitely want one. But to have a system that works really well without any of the acoustical panel distractions is a wonderful thing.

emergingsoul

If you listen in the near field at low to moderate volume and your loudspeakers don't produce deep bass, then you don't really need room acoustic treatments.  Otherwise you probably would benefit from some form of acoustic treatment.  However, there is an alternative path where you get loudspeakers that are designed to interact minimally with a room.  The Swedish manufacturer Gradient did much work along these lines, but there are others.

@thecarpathian 

I dictate I could not possibly type all the words I share. But dictation is not a perfect science so it's very frustrating to use it

Allowing that emergingsoul suffers some medical/physical limitations, the noted high number of discussions started do raise some questions.  Also, have not seen any description of his system offered.  The few topics I have read started by emergingsoul cover topics beaten to death previously in many forums.  Also  appears any valid suggestions in response to emergingsoul are rejected or deflected by a tangential change of the subject. In short, seems emergingsoul is not really interested in audio, only attention.

If that opinion is incorrect, post details of your system and engage in meaningful discussion. For example, if you think room treatment is a waste of time, present some fact based information.      

We will all gain something being much empathic...😊

It does not takes a genius to understand that emergingsoul love to discuss by lack of social contact and being interested by audio and music came here ...

Those who come here for only accurate information are welcome...

Those who come for need of social contact must be welcome ...

If this forum were just about information it will be boring...

We can inform ourselves anywhere on the web and in articles and in books...

The main interesting thing here are the people characters...😊

To analyse some information anyway we need to know the character...

@emergingsoul  , is the basic premise of your thread that you are asking if the love for room treatment might be based on confirmation bias?