I’m also worried about how much of the harmonics in the music is LOST by the amp?

Of course, I don’t want gross harmonic distortion, but don’t abuse or lose the precious harmonics in the virgin recording either. No way to measure that, though, right? Thats where the ears come in…
redwoodaudio
My recent foray into digital coax cables includes Pangea Premier SE 1.0m, 1.5m, and finally the 1.5m XL, which is taking a good bit longer to break in, but provides a more intimate presentation, after 3 days with lots of replay (~20 hours so far) still missing a bit of HF sparkle, but I am confident it will come around. Best $150 I've spent in a long time. Are more expensive coax cable that much better. I doubt Ill be finding out any time soon 

hth
I don’t want gross harmonic distortion, but don’t abuse or lose the precious harmonics in the virgin recording either. No way to measure that, though, right?
Sure you can.

The thing is, no amp is going to lose harmonic information in the audio range. They will all *add* harmonic information though and because distortion obscures detail, it will subjectively appear that some amps are better at getting the 'harmonic structure' (overtones) right than others.
EMI may well cause secondary and unwanted effects in amplifiers. One source is the speaker cables that are not only information bearers for analog audio signals. They are also RF antennas. The problem is that amplifiers may not have sufficient RF attenuation for RF related EMI fed into the amplifier via the speaker cables. As most amplifiers have an internal feedback signal from speaker output, RF noise can be injected into the negative feedback loop of the amplifier. This may well cause secondary effects for example within the micro-dynamics.
+1 atmasphere
Amplifier design guru Nelson Pass tinkers with harmonics sometimes adding more to his amp designs to get a pleasing sound. 
Numbers only get you so far - it’s the sound that sells. High end audio design is both science and art.
+1 atmasphere
Amplifier design guru Nelson Pass tinkers with harmonics sometimes adding more to his amp designs to get a pleasing sound.
If you are talking First Watt agree 100%. Pass Labs? Not so much.