HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SYSTEM IN LESS THAN 30 SECONDS

I am serious.  I work VERY hard to have the best system I can.  I have made many upgrades and am more than happy with my equipment.  I stream 100% of the time, mostly form Qobuz.  My digital front end is highly optimized.  But when I want my system to sound AMAZING?

I play Mark Knopfler or my favorite  Dire Straits.  Seriously.  It is recorded so exceptionally  well, and seems to have harmonics which just please the ear and soul.  I often think it sounds a bit 'tube like', as my system is all solid state.  There are just no offending sounds, and never sibilance.  I could list songs, but it would be easier to just list the one not to play ('Money for Nothing').

fastfreight

LOL. Audiophiles are just like most groups of enthusiasts - they just want to sit in a circle and tell old stories, God bless 'em.

"Punish the Monkey"  by Mark Knopfler. From the album Kill to Get Crimson.

@lalitk

You and Your Friend has become one of those 'I just have to hear it one more time' type of songs for me. I listen to Qobuz and it does a great job with this recording.

Those bands are good, but it's boring and we've all heard it a million times, great songs  great recordings but there is so much great music with insane fidelity besides that stuff... And your 100% streaming which sounds like crap anyway, that's your problem...

I have a Aurender with a SSD with about 800 CDs ripped in WAV on it, and Qobuz... Is no contest, the ripped CDs off the hard drive absolutely blow away the streaming Qobuz music including Hi-Res tracks and albums , it's not close. I like Qobuz, listen to it often, but when I find something I really like I'll buy the CD and rip it to my library 

You need to re evaluate your whole approach... Just having a system that is dedicated to a few old albums we've all heard a million times is not what I would consider a audiophile system

yes katzebjammer27.

And don't forget the mist covered mountains my brother in arms...