HOW TO IMPROVE YOUR SYSTEM IN LESS THAN 30 SECONDS

I am serious.  I work VERY hard to have the best system I can.  I have made many upgrades and am more than happy with my equipment.  I stream 100% of the time, mostly form Qobuz.  My digital front end is highly optimized.  But when I want my system to sound AMAZING?

I play Mark Knopfler or my favorite  Dire Straits.  Seriously.  It is recorded so exceptionally  well, and seems to have harmonics which just please the ear and soul.  I often think it sounds a bit 'tube like', as my system is all solid state.  There are just no offending sounds, and never sibilance.  I could list songs, but it would be easier to just list the one not to play ('Money for Nothing').

fastfreight

That batch of Dire Straits  SACDs that MFSL put out do sound pretty good; and although Love Over Gold had pretty much blown me away for quite a while,  I am now back to thinking that Dire Straits (the self titled) has the better sound; but with all that typed, I have other SACDs that perform equally or out perform those.

"Love Over Gold" is an exquisitely written, performed, and recorded tune. Layers and layers 

If you like Mark Knopfler he kills it on Southern Politician with Willy DeVille

Back in the 60-70s. Most recordings were done with vacuum tube equipment 

some still do that has a big influence ,also who is doing the mixing 

that’s why theBeatles sounded so good on most albums, they tried solid state mixers on  1-2 albums then went back to tubes ,Allen Parsons was excellent 

on the mixing board . 80-90s much music was recorded a bit  tipped up a bit during the era of disco  and boom boxes ..