End Game Turntable suggestions

Hello all, looking for insights to help me narrow down to some core choices; I am open to new or preowned. My system details can be seen under my profile.

In summary I have significantly expanded my vinyl collection and as of now I am looking to purchase an end game turntable appropriate for my setup. As you can see I use Mola Mola Kaluga Monos, and I really like the Zesto Pre and Phonostages. I find the class D/tube pre combination very pleasing. 

I would appreciate suggestions for around $5-8K (table + arm), new or used. I will have separate budget for cartridge. One preferred option (but not must-have) is universal voltage, as I may move the unit to Europe later. My current vintage turntable (Project Perspective) is 22 years old, and while I don't know how to compare to something really amazing, I can say that my setup is lacking detail and bass. The tonearm is terrible to keep aligned. Based on visits to Axpona and Cap Audio Fest and other research, I am thinking of a few in my budget, but will really value your suggestions of other brands:

- Origin Live Sovereign

- VPI Signature

- SAM Sinner

- Thorens TD 1601 (semi automatic)

Visual appeal is important to me (which is why Technics 1200 is not on my list despite great reviews everywhere). I love the idea of set it and forget it DD tables, but unfortunately mostly out of my budget (eg VPI HW-40 going for abt 11K used)....

Sorry for the long post but my hope is this background and help solicit good suggestions. Thanks

musicmatters1206
Thanks to everyone so far for such an informative conversation. I think this will be useful to a lot of others in my situation. I will soon do a summary post on ffindings so far to make it easy for a new reader of the thread.
@ghdprentice very valid question. TBH I could stretch the budget to 10K or thereabout if there would be a material benefit. What would be your suggestions? As for your point on associated equipment - yes, I have a material upgrade coming up on speakers, in the ~30K range, but that will be whole another adventure (on my list are ATC SCM 100ASLT, Magico S5 Mk II, potentially Legacy Aries II). In short, I need to choose a table keeping in mind future upgrades....

@glennewdick thank you for your recommendation of acoustic-solid. Everything I have read so far seems to indicate this is a quality manufacturer with real world prices. I actually wrote their NA rep in Ontario earlier today to get more info. Someone asked me earlier my visual preference, I think acoustic-solid....i am smitten. Just look at this thing:

Solid Vintage Full Exclusive

Whatever you decide, consider www.upscaleaudio.com .  I bought my Marantz TT-15S1 from them.  They set It up properly, mark the settings, send pictures and once you unbox It and assemble per their directions, you have a properly set up turnable and are ready to go. 

As of December 27th here is a summary of this threads. Apologies for many omissions here, as there are so very many great suggestions. Overall I can break down recommendations across 4 categories and my take on each so far.

1. New TTs roughly in the 5-8K range (table + arm): Rega RP10, Technics SL-1200, several VPIs, Acoustic-Solid(several choices), Dr Feikert, SME Model 6, SOTA, Thorens TD-1601, Nottingham Aanlogue. Based on my needs / preferences, shortlist in this category are Acoustic-Solid, Thorens TD-1601, I am also keeping Origin Live Sovereign, which is not very well known in US, but seems like an incredible table and arm combo. I know Rega is hugely recommended, but i consider this purchase the centerpiece of my system and would go for a high mass design with room presence.
  2. Used TTs in budget - some excellent recommendations from Basis (debut), SOTA, SME. In this category I am particularly drawn to Basis.  The SOTA looks kind of don’t work for me unfortunately.
  3. Vintage TTs - Excellent recommendations around the obvious - Garrard, Thorens TD 124, Technics SP 10 variations, and I understand with the right amount of effort a well curated unit can easily surpass uber high end modern tables. While incredibly appealing, I am not sure I can go that route given the advanced level of knowledge and effort required. Practically speaking, I am willing to compromise the last mile quality and also willing to pay a bit more for a set it and forget it solution - and enjoy the limited time i have enjoying the music. If my understanding is wrong, anyone is welcome to please correct me. If there was a turnkey solution provider - who sources the base unit, does all the upgrades and sells as a final product, that can be a feasible alternative. I believe we are fortunate consumers with so many incredible choices today that one can easily achieve superb results with a lot less effort / customization.
  4. Aspirational - these are very desirable tables a bit outside my budget (used), I am looking for more suggestions to see if stretching upwards to about 10-12K will yield material sonic benefits. VPI HW40 has strong recommendations and I really like DD tables for their simplicity and accuracy. Also in the category are several Acoustic-Solid Models, SME models, Basis Signature 2500 with vacuum. Also Clearaudio Innovation, absolutely stunning table. 

I am fortunate that I will have a very solid room environment with solid stone floors and massive stone walls, with near zero vibrations. And very good acoustics as well as reasonably good associated equipment. Hence I will perhaps be able to get away with a reasonably stable table and spend the money on a superlative cartridge (or two)

The range of choices is incredible and also overwhelming. Hence my broad decision approach will be along following core principles:

1. Simplicity and Convenience:  a table that doesn’t require constant attention, endless upgrade, tweaking and TLC. I would much rather spend money and time researching , buying and listening to records. 
  2. Beauty: Our music systems are our joy and pride. They are a statement of our taste and style. I would choose a table that is visually appealing, and a joy to behold and operate. Hence high mass, and reasonable room presence (not bling like Triangle Art) is important
  3. Cost - lastly - I would keep the budget in check. It is easy to get carried away, I am not convinced that spending more and more gets better results. I need to save money for my digital chain (Mola Mola Tambaqui and Jays Audio CDT3 Mk III in pipe) and new speakers. As much as I love vinyl, I really enjoy Roon’s convenience, as well as the pleasure of using CDs that I have collected for decades. Hell, I enjoy my Nakamichi LX-5 so very much. 

This is where I am as of now. Please challenge, counter and critique my thoughts, that’s what makes this community so great! I will be sure to keep everyone informed where I land in this journey, but lets keep the discussion going!!

Happy holidays all!

@pindac Very happy to read all this info! I agree the Panzerholz is fantastic and I’m actually sitting in a nice amount of scraps I’m will find useful soon. Not so interested in tonearm wand but have seen some interesting bodies for DL103 etc

@rauliruegas The Palette is lovely, but needed to recap and fix a few DC issues so it’s in shop. I was trying to fix myself, recap no problem, but there were some issues with 2 potentiometers and typical situation with Levinson the parts are proprietary and the manufacturer wouldn’t sell to me. So it’s become more complicated. At the moment there is a small Pass B1 Nutube pre in its place, which is surprisingly wonderful! But oops this has gone off topic, sorry OP!!