End Game Turntable suggestions

Hello all, looking for insights to help me narrow down to some core choices; I am open to new or preowned. My system details can be seen under my profile.

In summary I have significantly expanded my vinyl collection and as of now I am looking to purchase an end game turntable appropriate for my setup. As you can see I use Mola Mola Kaluga Monos, and I really like the Zesto Pre and Phonostages. I find the class D/tube pre combination very pleasing. 

I would appreciate suggestions for around $5-8K (table + arm), new or used. I will have separate budget for cartridge. One preferred option (but not must-have) is universal voltage, as I may move the unit to Europe later. My current vintage turntable (Project Perspective) is 22 years old, and while I don't know how to compare to something really amazing, I can say that my setup is lacking detail and bass. The tonearm is terrible to keep aligned. Based on visits to Axpona and Cap Audio Fest and other research, I am thinking of a few in my budget, but will really value your suggestions of other brands:

- Origin Live Sovereign

- VPI Signature

- SAM Sinner

- Thorens TD 1601 (semi automatic)

Visual appeal is important to me (which is why Technics 1200 is not on my list despite great reviews everywhere). I love the idea of set it and forget it DD tables, but unfortunately mostly out of my budget (eg VPI HW-40 going for abt 11K used)....

Sorry for the long post but my hope is this background and help solicit good suggestions. Thanks

musicmatters1206

Dear  @musicmatters1206  : " Basis Signature 2500 with vacuum, i am going to have sleepless nights....  "

Well that unit set you back over 15K: for what?

You need a TT with speed stability mated with an excellent tonearm and these are part characteristics of the RP-10 that you can add the Basis reflex clamp and you are done rith there.

Put your money where it mattters after the RP-10:  A Lyra cartridge/VDH low output, Ortofon, MSL, etc, etc and a way better phono stage as  this " humble " unit by PS Audio that competes even aginst the very expensive $$$$  Swiss CH units. Please read the review at the Atkinson measurements that no one Zestos can even dream but that helps a lot for you can have a very high resolution and heavy quality performance levels in the sounds reproduction at your room/system:

PS Audio Stellar Phono phono preamplifier Page 2 | Stereophile.com

PS Audio Stellar Phono phono preamplifier Measurements | Stereophile.com

It's your money and your system but don't waste your time and money for " expensive " audio products. Price tag means nothing for any one. 

A fine tunned room/system will sounds a lot better than a maga$$$$$$$ systems where money can't " fine tuning " job no matters what, yes you have to learn through the time that " fine tunning " but first step yo do it is that your system links have the " hidden capacities " to do it and the RP and PS Audio have it.

R.

@musicmatters1206 IMHO...there is a tremendous amount of great info here. As far as the 1601 goes I am extremely happy. I agree with all of the wonderful design concepts from the point of what they contribute to the ultimate sound of the vinyl. However, I do not believe mechanical design can make a bad pressing/recording/mix sound significantly better. I believe the most important piece to the puzzle is the cartridge. With that said, would I hang a $10K cartridge from the 1601? Likely not. However, when the stylus on my Ortofon wears out I will certainly look to spending $3-$5K on one to use on it. Many don't think a $4K TT is worthy of a $4K cartridge. In the case of the 1601 I disagree. I believe isolation and proper set up will allow the 1601 to perform extremely well with any $200 to $5K cartridge installed. At least as well as the cartridge allows.

Definitely listen to the Rega Planar 10 but with the top of the line Aphelion cartridge and not the Apheta which I found somewhat harsh and unforgiving of less than perfect recordings. When I tested the Planar 10 and Planar 8 I ended up going for the 8 with the Ania pro cartridge which has a spectacularly refined and "together" presentation. Since both turntables run from an outboard power source one assumes there should not be a problem changing voltages (but check this).

Questions such as this inevitably result in a sea of recommendations and there’s no value in me just adding to the list. But here’s something important, imo:

musicmatters1206

... i am sure they sound good but i have this bias for mass that i will need to overcome ...

I would not be so quick to overcome your bias here. I have found that there tends to be a difference in sound between high mass and lower mass designs, so it’s pretty natural to develop a preference for one over the other, depending on your taste.

OK, what appeals to you visually?

Still want to get DD, that's my choice, best if it is quartz locked if you do.

here is a beauty, belt drive, I don't know anything about it, except Micro Seiki makes great quality stuff, often innovative

in a thread on Audiogon the L version allows long tonearms.

Pick your own tonearm, with separate advice can be a good thing, and you may want to change to a different tonearm in the future.

manual from vinyl engine

file:///C:/Users/ellio/Downloads/ve_microseiki_bl111.pdf

see the last post there.