Does anyone have any experience with Revel M126Be speakers?

My never ending window shopping continues, and I saw a pair of open boxes on MD for what seems like an okay price.  Just wondering if anyone knows anything about them.

immatthewj

They are fine and probably an ok buy 1/2 off or on sale. I feel the 226be is a much better speaker for the same required floor space if you can swing the price. They are often on sale or open boxes too.

Thanks for the feedback on those, @james633  ; they are about $1400 off.  The 226bes are a bit rich for my blood right now.  Also, I am listening near-field in a small room.. 

Talking to Revel reps, at Audiogon, they have stated the M126Be is a gem of a speaker. Most of them own them.

Audio advice has the 226be grey and white on sale for $2340 each ($4680 a pair). So still about $1600 more than a pair of 126be on sale which is significant but it is really an amazing performer. The bass rolls off pretty early on the 226be and would probably be pretty flat even in a small room.

Anyway the 126be sounds real nice but lacks bass extention. I would need subs to really enjoy them. I owned the 228be for about a year and thought they were great with sub and honestly the 226be sounds almost exactly like the 228be. The 126be sounds a bit different than the rest of the Revel Be line. Good in it’s own way if the lack of bass does not bother you or you plan to use subs.

you have to click on the different colors to see the different prices per color.

Talking to Revel reps, at Audiogon, they have stated the M126Be is a gem of a speaker. Most of them own them.

@botrytis

MD actually does have a couple of open box pairs at the moment. I am thinking seriously . . . but I have done that before.

@james633  , I actually do have an ancient M&K sub (that needs upgrading) that I pair with my ancient B&W 805s (that I would like to upgrade).  That's a helluva discount on those F226Bes from Audio Advice. . . .  I've got the impression from reading reviews on a lot of floor standers that they really favor a larger room and some space between each other and the listener?  I don't have that luxury at present . . . I wasn't joking about the near-field.

There is kipple measurements online for both the 805s and 126be. I will link them below. It has been a long time since I heard the 805s to comment but I have owned speakers from both brands. The revels tend to be smoother and more dynamic as a whole. You might feel like you are missing some highs with the Harmon curve which is a 5db drop in treble over the entire frequency range (just a downward sloping line).

I can’t speak to near field on revel. I always sat about 10’ from mine. The drivers are superbly integrated

https://www.erinsaudiocorner.com/loudspeakers/revel_m126be/