Do I need a pre-amp?

Major noob here. Researching my first turntable purchase. One potential problem is my existing receiver, Marantz SR4001. Not sure if this home-theater receiver is immediately compatible or whether I will need an additional phono pre-amp? Here is spec book: http://newmedia.engl.iastate.edu/tutorials/DFU_SR4001_SR5001_Final_eng.pdf

Looks like there is a pre-amp OUT but I don't see any phono IN. Maybe that doesn't matter, but I'm not sure bc I don't know very much about this stuff. If I need a pre-amp, how much should I expect to spend to be on par w my entry-level B&W floor-standing speakers? I also have a B&W sub that I would like to keep thumping and will changing my setup require altering that config?

Also, this is the turntable I'm considering: https://app.audiogon.com/listings/turntables-conrad-johnson-sonographe-sg-3-with-alphason-opal-sumiko-andante-turntable-tonear-2015-10-12-analog-02461-newton-highlands-ma Is this a good starter table and on par w my setup?

Thanks in advance for helping me learn and sorry for the scattered questions. I've heard great things about this forum.
lionsdwarf
I have owned a SG-3 since 1983. It was a great starter turntable then and if in good condition still today. As stated above, you will need a phonostage. I would stick to the moving magnet type cartridge as there are greater choices in carts and stages within your budget. Good luck in your search.
I think, you are looking in the right direction when you say that your analog set-up should not be weaker than your speakers. At least. Turntable isolation/resonance control is very important, even more so since you are using a subwoofer.
You might also consider older direct drive Technics with, say, Grado Gold cartridge. Just a thought. You can probably get for $100-$150 acceptable used phono pre-amplifier for Moving Magnet cartridge.
And you will want reasonably clean records and stylus, or all this will be for nothing.
I really appreciate everyone's valuable advice to help me get into the vinyl game. I am very excited for some rich, analog tuneage.

Would people recommend NAD for a phono stage? Recommendations on good lower-end units here would be much appreciated. My plan is to stick to a moving magnet cartridge.

Also, since it's often hard to tell the condition of a used turntable via the interwebs, would you say it's generally safer to stick to a modern edition, like a Rega vs the older Sonographe? I realize it's hard to make such a generalization but just curious on your thoughts.
I'm having trouble imagining a guy who uses an AVR and wants the bother of vinyl. A good digital source would seem more fitting.

db
"11-10-15: Dbphd
I'm having trouble imagining a guy who uses an AVR and wants the bother of vinyl. A good digital source would seem more fitting."

We all have to start somewhere. Maybe in the future, he'll upgrade his other components in a way that suits you.