Did anyone return a PSAudio Powerplant? Why?

Anyone return a Powerplant after a home evaluation?

If so why?

jfrmusic

Need a higher quality revealing system for these things to be even noticeable. I’m troubled when people say they noticed differences when that’s really difficult.

Most peoples power systems are just fine.

Even when not in use this thing burns a lot of energy. I recall it being 50 to 100 W by merely plugging it into the wall which is obscene.

It takes up a hell of a lot of space. And it’s kind of ugly.

Much better way to spend your money in my opininion.

I considered one and then realized: I have no evidence that my line is dirty. I don't hear a lot of issues but without a more precise technological tool to test my line, there are other ways to spend big $$s. 

In some situations, the Powerplant may be a godsend.

In other situations, the Powerplant may be an expensive solution looking for a problem.

Without a reliable way to know which one you have, there is a fair chance you can waste a bunch of money.

My close friend did not return it but sold it after couple of months he bought it used because he couldn’t hear any SQ upgrade from his system. It was PS Audio Power Plant P600. 

I ordered a Power Plant 3 yesterday. So will have it for the next severe heat wave. Will post my experience. Plan to use it for my Streamer, DAC and Network Switch. The Streamer and DAC appear to be the most sensitive to power issues. 

since it cooled off my system is back to nothing but I know one temperatures get above 90 for days the power will suck and my system will not sound as good. 

Great question. Sure not getting many folks jumping in who have returned them.