Did Amir Change Your Mind About Anything?

It’s easy to make snide remarks like “yes- I do the opposite of what he says.”  And in some respects I agree, but if you do that, this is just going to be taken down. So I’m asking a serious question. Has ASR actually changed your opinion on anything?  For me, I would say 2 things. I am a conservatory-trained musician and I do trust my ears. But ASR has reminded me to double check my opinions on a piece of gear to make sure I’m not imagining improvements. Not to get into double blind testing, but just to keep in mind that the brain can be fooled and make doubly sure that I’m hearing what I think I’m hearing. The second is power conditioning. I went from an expensive box back to my wiremold and I really don’t think I can hear a difference. I think that now that I understand the engineering behind AC use in an audio component, I am not convinced that power conditioning affects the component output. I think. 
So please resist the urge to pile on. I think this could be a worthwhile discussion if that’s possible anymore. I hope it is. 

chayro

Wow...this forum certainly has a lot of time on hand to waste on someone whose opinion they don't care about. Have fun folks!

At this point, for me, it’s more about pointing out his hypocrisy to others so they can understand how he operates and his true motivations.

His data is fine (for the most part). But the person and the means of how he tries to separate himself by others by discriminating against or degrading them otherwise is not something I will let slide. I’ve never liked bullies in all my years.  Now that I've retired I don't mind spending my time exposing them when I see them. And Amir is exactly that. Anyone who doesn’t agree with him or gets more recognition than he does is suddenly an enemy of his even when their share the same goal of providing technical information to an audience. I’ve seen him do this countless times and is doing so again as I mentioned regarding a thread on the 5128 headphone measurement rig where he is currently belittling other headphone reviewers to make himself look better than them. :(

I learned a lot discussing with Amir...

The problem is he cannot nor want to learn anything from anybody even physicists and acoustician... he sell marketing points...

But without discussing about his false  "theory" of hearing, i will never had learn so much about what is at stake in  hearings theory...

We cannot discuss with stupid people, but we can learn from ideological people... For example discussing with a marxist you must learn Marx economy theory..

If discussing with a neo liberal economist i would learn about the chicago school hidden roots...Bernard Mandeville the genius behind Adam Smith for example ...

Discussing with A chomskyan linguist we learn about other roads... ( Gustave Guillaume genius for me ) etc

Amir seems to me to mostly address relevant issues. Seems he is the one being attacked first and he seems to show restraint on his responses trying to stick to the issues.

That’s just my take. He is bringing a lot of good information to the table whether one cares or not. We need more of that not less. Technology is the key to good sound and it doesn’t just happen by magic.