D’Agostino Progression integrated vs Gryphon Diablo 300

Anyone who has heard both?
Strenghts and weaknesses.
128x128swede58
@ebm 

First, your claim would be far more compelling if it included some details. In what way(s) do you believe that the D’Agostino is better made? Secondly, under what conditions have you heard both? Did you really AB them, or did you hear them with different associated components, etc.?

Don’t know what Diablo you were looking as that Diablo name goes way back with Gryphon?

I’ve seen the Diablo 300 but not the D’Agostino, but what I can say is the build quality of the Diablo 300 is beautiful to look at if you like that kind styling which I do, very solid and fit and finish is like a Swiss watch.
https://ibb.co/QMnbjN4
https://ibb.co/FJRxsLj

Cheers George
Heard Dans amp with Magico A3s and Esoteric cd player.Heard Gryphon at few stereo shows.Dans amp had better bass detail,bass impact and better delineated midrange and highs.
Ludicrous. You can't accurately compare the two using different associated components, (presumably) music, and in different rooms.

And we're still awaiting your insights into how the D’Agostino is "better made".
Ludicrous  i thought he was a rapper.Keep waiting.Dans unit has a much better transformer,wiring and better cap just to name a few.Are you buying them soon?
i have no dog in this fight

these are two well known exceptionally well respected uber high end brands with strong, loyal followings - both known for build quality and sonic quality

just hard for me to accept at face value someone writing off one as so much superior to the other with a wave of the hand...
Yeah sorry have to agree, absolutely impossible to compare two different amps at two different times in two different systems in two different rooms.

Cheers George
I agree they are both great depends on your system and taste.Please forgive me.
The way to do it is to buy or borrow both and compare in your own system. Diablo is often available used, D'Agostino is not.
Most likely different people would choose one over the other even if liked both. I suppose, I myself would have a hard time if had to choose.
Diablo is Gryphon's best effort so far, Progression is not D'Agostino's best effort, that is Momentum integrated. Used Momentum could be the best option, if you can find one.
Sorry, but there's no way to make a statement on how good or bad the amps are without owning both amps. I see that happening a lot on this forum. I own the Gryphon Diablo 300 and its a great integrated amp which retails for ~$16k, Dan's Momem\ntum retails for about three times more, also a factor to consider.
have not heard the Gryphon, but I heard the Momentum and then was able to find one used. It ended my search for the sound I was looking for. "mike drop".
@pfrank12 I'd bet that a high percentage of those who have owned either amp have arrived at similar conclusions.

I'm not suggesting that there aren't differences, but the vast majority of audiophiles would likely be very happy to own either one. 

whipsaw; that's a high percentage bet and I agree, but it is influenced by your personal preferences and biases regarding the sound you are looking for.
Not going to bore everyone. That being said I heard both. Separate places so n AB comparison. They sounded as you would expect -really good . Both with Wilson Sabrinas. The only thing I can comment on is that you need to listen to separates before you take the plunge $$$$$. Maybe it’s in my head but I would rather go for more Dollars (Preamp- Amp)  
Separates. What can you get for $16k-$18k new including interconnects and extra power cord ? Probably much more dollars to beat those integrateds. With $45k D'Agostino Momentum integrated, that's different.
RDK777: There is however a new D'Agostino integrated (Baby Progression?) for $18K.  that would be a much fairer comparison with the Diablo 300.