Considering selling my restored Garrard 301

AG used to be my go to source until the dealers took over but I am hoping for some  thoughts. I restored a nice 1958-9 Creme Garrard 301 oil. Fitted it with an SAEC 308L  w/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Built a plinth using 2 layers of butcher block. 

While I love the deck, I am considering a more modern alternative. My question is...

Would there be people interested in buying it at a price that would enable me to purchase a comparable alternative or a trade.

Maybe I'm crazy, and perhaps it's the "bug", but I am open to queries. 

I also own a Micro Seiko BL-51 with an Acos Lustre GST 1 arm and Denon 103r

Hope people engage 

128x128famoej

I have in the past been very loyal to the ID Motor TT's.

Nearly 20 Years with a Garrard 401- Martin Bastin Overhauled - 9 Stone in Weight Granite Plinth, which was swapped out for a PTP Solid Nine with PTP Bearing.

I see from your post there is not a dedicated Platter Bearing Upgrade or Speed Controller referred to.

I am an advocate of the dedicated Platter Bearing Upgrades and the use of the SC.

I still own the PTP Solid Nine, but have today found the DD TT's that are overhauled with a modern design concepts for the Speed Control and Platter Bearing much more attractive to my tastes.

As for a valuation of your own TT, the SAEC has a value of approx' $550 if a price is chosen to rouse immediate interest.

The Cadenza Blue will be a difficult sale, if too much is wanted, Trade In Value and a few 100 Hours of usage life should rouse a interest?

The Beauty of the Plinth and the Value of the Plinth is in the eye of the Beholder, think maybe in the area of $150, as a means to saving a DIY Project for somebody wanting to experience this Plinth Type.

The 301 will be best assessed if looking at the Link and the Historical Sales available to be seen as well. 

If it is off any interest, there are Idler Drive TT owners who own in conjunction Vintage DD TT's. Maybe this might help with your making a decision on where to look into for the next TT.    

Yes. List the combo with clear, in focus photos. But you'll get what the market will bear.  Curious what the "comparable alternative" would be.

Would there be people interested in buying it at a price that would enable me to purchase a comparable alternative or a trade.

Jim Cambell did the restore for me as I live east coast- the deck was original owner and other than a single dust bunny, it is chip and scratch free (no paint needed. I had Jim do a top to bottom restore. The arm came in the original box. I bought it from someone whom I know well and has more turntable knowledge than most I have met. 

The arm/cart combo is a flavor I like and I have spent years learning how to set up tables correctly.

I'm simply not a woodworker and my plinth lacks the correctness required to make a 301 sing. It's big and heavy but that does not make it right. 

I really am being a bit foolish thinking of selling it, I love the pace and would think only a good DD what have the same ability.

Maybe I just need to have a pro build the plinth.

@famoej 

I'm simply not a woodworker and my plinth lacks the correctness required to make a 301 sing. It's big and heavy but that does not make it right. 

What is your plinth lacking that another would have?  I keep hearing that some plinths are wrong and others are right, but never what differentiates a mediocre one from a great one.