Considering selling my restored Garrard 301

AG used to be my go to source until the dealers took over but I am hoping for some  thoughts. I restored a nice 1958-9 Creme Garrard 301 oil. Fitted it with an SAEC 308L  w/Ortofon Cadenza Blue. Built a plinth using 2 layers of butcher block. 

While I love the deck, I am considering a more modern alternative. My question is...

Would there be people interested in buying it at a price that would enable me to purchase a comparable alternative or a trade.

Maybe I'm crazy, and perhaps it's the "bug", but I am open to queries. 

I also own a Micro Seiko BL-51 with an Acos Lustre GST 1 arm and Denon 103r

Hope people engage 

128x128famoej

Showing 5 responses by noromance

If the 301 wasn't "restored" by a recognized vendor, you may only get the usual unrestored pricing. 

Yes. List the combo with clear, in focus photos. But you'll get what the market will bear.  Curious what the "comparable alternative" would be.

Would there be people interested in buying it at a price that would enable me to purchase a comparable alternative or a trade.

@famoej  Jim Campbell does good work. He built 2 plinths for me. Ask him about his slate or Panzerholz plinth. 

I read that if using the LDA unit, you must use the 240volt motor connetion and remove the eddy brake disk.

The LDA unit can run on 120VAC 60Hz and provide 240VAC at 50Hz for the motor.