Celestion SL600 Expertise Needed

I recently inherited a pair of these speakers and I want to hook them up to my Crayon integrated amp. The back of each speakers has four round female connections. Two red and two black.

Can someone guide me as to the correct connection method? Further, will I need a jumper for each speaker?

Way back in the day I actually owned a pair of these. So I am interested how they will sound with more modern equipment.

Thank you in advance.

glrtrgi

You will need to use jumpers (see following link for pics) or use bi-wire speaker cables.

Another option would be to open them up and "jump" the wiring internally.

DeKay

Not a huge fan of jumpers, although they do work.  I would do the shotgun wire with (+ - ) each channel at the amplifier end and 2 (+ -) banana terminal pairs at the speaker end.  So that’s 2 spreading into 4 each channel.  Pay attention to plus minus terminations or trouble will ensue.

I had a pair of SL600's for years, but for the life of me I can't remember how the connections were organized. I seem to remember simple pairs.. Was there a running change during production? In any case, I had some of the first pairs they imported to the US. I loved them, too, but I I gotta say I had at least one tweeter fail during my time with them. In any case, have fun. Good listenin'!

The 600's are special speakers with the Aerolam cabinets that were later used on the 700's. You do need to be careful with the drivers since they are no longer available, and they were also the last Celestions to use the copper dome tweeter, like the original sl6.  That tweeter is less extended and efficient than the aluminum dome, and by now I'm sure it is well tarnished. 

Those are special speakers, but they will only really open up and show you their best with good solid power. 

I had the SL600 decades ago, but only recall each speaker with a single pair of terminals. Searching on the web, I found that the original SL600 has a pair of terminals and the newer SL600si version has bi-wire terminals (4). You must have the SL600si model.

You have a choice to either bi-wire or use jumpers. Run the speakers bi-wired by attaching two sets of speaker cables to the same amplifier output and running both cables to the speaker (connect one set to bass terminals and the other set to HF terminals). Audiophiles have long debated about whether there is any benefit to bi-wiring. If you happen to have extra speaker cables, you may as well put them to use.

Or you can run one set of speaker cable to the speaker and jumper the terminals (red-to-red, and black-to-black). The problem with jumpers is that the banana terminals are flush and you can't easily jumper them like the type of terminal commonly used today. @dekay linked to a jumper solution that uses stackable banana plugs.

@mspot Thanks for clearing the confusion. It made me question my sanity. I think I previously posted once on the fact that one of my 600’s fell/got knocked off its stand onto the floor. It bent a corner. Didn’t make an iota of difference to the sound. And when I finally decided to trade the Celestions for my current pair of NOLA Boxers, nobody would give me a nickel in trade for them. I wound up donating them to a Salvation Army outlet. The Salvation Army actually got ’em sold!

Here's a link to part of what you would need to DIY the jumpers (these along with 2 pairs of regular solder-less bananas and some cable/wire will do).

DeKay

Thanks everyone for responding. Yes, of course you’re correct, they are the SL600si model. Sorry for the confusion.

I completely forgot there was an SL600si. I suppose then that it has the aluminum dome tweeter like the SL6si.