Cary SACD 306 Upgraded

Last night we finished the upgrade of a working Cary SACD 306 player.  Audio Note resistors and capacitors, Nichicon capacitors, new OP-amps, laser, etc.  All I can say is before it was nothing special but now, WOW.  Music just jumped out of the player.  Test CD was Dean Peer base guitarist.  Separation of notes was incredible.  Dynamics ad clarity were the same.  Tone of the guitar, drums and effects were awesome.  Cannot wait to let it play and try other CDs as the one we used is a really good recording of music.  But after an hour or two, we were impressed.  System our 6SN7 custom preamp, our custom Class A tube mono blocks, into Vivid Kaya 45 speakers.

Happy Listening

bigkidz

Yeah will hear it more tonight. It is for another Audiogon member who is going to be very happy if and when I return it!

bigkidz

Thank you for sharing this important information.

The 306 is on my radar as well. Good to learn that you guys can mod and service this Spinner.  Are there other Cary Audio players that you provide repair?

Happy Listening!

We are a manufacturer of audio components  But we have been repairing audio components for 20+ years now.   Typically don't get many CDPs in to repair but we can repair/upgrade/modify anything as long as we can get parts.

google vujadeaudio to find us

In stock form we were not impressed.  After the modification we were blown away so much that we may make a SS DAC based on this.  We already offer a reference tube DAC.

bigkidz

Thank you for the update. Good to read that you guys are fans of CD and SACD players.  Modding and repairing are bonuses.

Happy Listening!

@bigkidz 

I'm curious what components other than Dacs you upgrade.

Clocks? DDCs? Power supplies? Switches?

@jerrybj - any audio component new or vintage.  Google search vujadeaudio for some info on who we are.

In NJ come have a listen to what we do.

bigkidz

Thank you for keeping the CD/SACD player flame burning!

Happy Listening!

bigkidz

have you guys "modded" a Cary Audio 303T player?

Happy Listening!

@JAFANT - no we have not but we have been repairing, upgrading and building our own components for over 20 years search google vujadeaudio  where are you located?

bigkidz

Thank You for the follow up. I live in the Southeast (Alabama).

Happy Listening!