Building a 100 album vinyl collection 3 must have albums are?

No opera or rap in the three must haves. Sorry.

128x128hbarrel

I take it a rap opera would be unsuitable?

OK, serious question: do you care for jazz? classical music? Have to check because some of the best recordings I know are in those genres.

Can’t do it. 

I need at least a vague idea of what your preferences are. 

I have 6,000 LPs, dunno if I could choose 30, never mind 3. 

What a great thread!!! My three faves are all live albums.....I like to go to the show. In no particular order because I love them all:

1.  Live From Deep in the Heart of Texas, Commander Cody and the Lost Planet Airmen.  THIS is beer drinking music by some of the best musicians you will ever hear. I have worn out 2 LPs...

2. Have to agree with WYOBOY "Waiting for Columbus" by Little Feat may be the best live album recorded. Got a MOFI copy that I prize!

3. A Show of Hands by Rush is just superb. The lyrics are as relevant today as when they were written. Excellent recording and production. My neighborhood knows this album well....

And just a throw in, one of the best produced albums I've ever heard

Recycled-Nektar I have clipped more amps with this recording than anything else in my library. Great fun, maybe the best album art ever!

Winelight-Grover Washington Jr

Sotho Blue-Abdullah Ibrahim and Ekaya

Walking in Space-Quincy Jones

Journey-Fourplay

Thriller-Michael Jackson

Soft Space-Jeff Lorber Fusion

Takin’ Off-Herbie Hancock

Healing the Wounds-The Jazz Crusaders

Tenderly-George Benson

Beyond the Blue Horizon-George Benson (so 70’s CTI down to the cover art!)

City Life-The Blackbyrds

I'll add 3 that haven't been mentioned and could be my desert lp's.  These aren't my top three, but so many of my fav's have already been mentioned.  All are awesome discs with great content throughout.

Tommy Bolin -Teaser

Santana III- one of the greatest guitar albums ever with an awesome groove

Grover Washington Jr.-Skylarkin

Bonus: George Benson-White rabbit