Bruno Strikes Again. Purifi 1ET7040SA VTV Amplifier.

I got an early exclusive chance to audition Purifi’s latest amp module. Please subscribe and thanks for watching.

ctbarker32

@ctbarker32 Thanks for this review. It was very useful for me since I have been waiting on a more powerful Purifi amp since last year. My desire is to get the same sound as my Benchmark AHB2 monos but with more power at 2 ohms for my hard to drive Thiel CS3.7. It looks like this new module (with a Purifi power supply) will be what I should try out.

The modules are not yet shipping. Warren, at VTV says he is expecting them sometime this month and then will start shipping. The amp reviewed above IS the VTV amp with the new module. It should sound even better with WBT 703 jack option and other op amps, etc.

You can see a pic of the insides on the VTV site. What will be sold at first is a version with the 65 volt supply......to get the full amount of power out of the module a 75 volt supply will be needed. Apparently, Purifi is working on their own 75 volt power supply but it might not be available for months. Warren says this module sounds more "real" than the old module.....both using the same power supply.

He wouldn't be here if he wasn't.

If you want an amp that doesn't have a sound, which is Bruno's design goal, then letting someone add distortion and noise that they find appealing may not suit your goals.

Listen to the interview with Bruno. He's not prone to making faith based, unsupported claims. He's at the forefront of class d design and his work is based on solid engineering and science, not voodoo.

Rouge (Italy, not Rogue) also has the modules.  No doubt a built amp will be forthcoming from them too.

Hope Purifi or Neurochrome make input boards as well for this new module. Not sure I have a lot of faith in VTV after seeing some the internals of their assembled amps.

Look forward to seeing and hearing what Rouge Audio Designs brings to the table.

Pink doughnuts. 

@yyzsantabarbara Have you tried Cherry Amps? I have heard them (not sure which one but I know it was a newer model) on some JTR speakers and the bass was insane without the amp even hinting at trying. I've truly never heard bass like that outside of an outdoor concert venue. I believe we hit 116 dB and had plenty more if it didn't make me almost ill it was so strong.

Seems the original Purifi 400 module actually measures better than the new module, despite the claims in the video...

@bhvf Have not heard the Cherry amps though I have seen posts from people discussing them.

Recently, I did buy and sell the LSA Voyager 350 GAN amp. I kept the CODA #8 over the Voyager due to the CODA being stronger on the bottom. I was thinking a more powerful Purifi amp would have the bass I am looking for and also sound like the Benchmark AHB2. The AHB2 is not ideal around 2 ohms. I was actually expecting Bruno to come out with an even more powerful 2nd Purifi module based on an interview I read somewhere. 

The original 400 module is not better in any way that affects music. There is a myth going around to the contrary. @kuribo you posted graphs without a legend and without any background - please elaborate

The new Purifi module will only be available to OEM's apparently. Here is a graph which compares the THD performance of several Hypex and Purifi amps. See for yourselves how the Purifi 400 compares to the new 700 in the graph.