Breaking news! Jays Audio is moving to Texas and takes interest in McIntosh

Southwest audio show apparently was a big hit and a great place for audio.

It's nice to see Jay is taking an interest in McIntosh amplifiers. He has a 2 boxes in his lab containing MC 901 dual mono amplifiers that can be used to biamp lots of things including speakers , a tube/solid state amplifier. He promises a review sometime soon.

Additionally he's got brand new speakers and we don't know what they are because they are Hidden behind acoustical panels waiting to be unveiled sometime by Thanksgiving.

Jay predicts his brand will be bigger than southwest audio show.  Jays audio show coming to a Texas town near you. 

Looking forward to all the excitement. 

emergingsoul

Some need the social programs to survive.

Some do. Many just chose this path because it's easier.

"Some thoughts about the sonic experience within a hotel room at a show. Each luxurious room offers a variety of components where each one has their own impact on sound and and then enter all the people coming into the room, mostly older gents whose hearing isn’t as good as it used to be, and who are not familiar with these components. how is one to discern the qualities of any of the components on display???

Is it the speakers, is it the amplifier, is it the $40,000 cables, is it the power conditioner, is it the pretty line stage pre-amplifier, is it the glorified Computer masquerading as a server, is it the streamer, turntable, and of course we have the dac. Who is most responsible for all the lovely noise? Probably mostly the speakers and the amplifier. And let’s of course not forget the quality of the recorded music which really can impact the sound."

Blathering - the action of talking long-windedly without making very much sense.

@facten 

I love your system it's really cool. The main speaker tweeters are cool.

I was thinking about modwright preamplifier but they didn't have the Remote set up to to control the power and stuff it's kind of weird. 

Thanks for all your nice comments

I come across his videos on YouTube and some I try to watch but he just talks too much” the guest hardly gets to say much without Jay going on and on. 

Most host seem to think they have the most important thing to say, in other words they like the sound of their own voice and he’s no different. 

I”d like to hear more music and less talking.