Bowers and Wilkins 800 Series Discontinued?

I was at a local store today looking at B&W 700 and 800 series speakers. The sales person there informed me he was told by the B&W rep that the 800 series has been discontinued. Has anyone heard this? Is there any truth to it? It would sure leave a big hole in their lineup.
mjjw
Post removed 
oh and i thought the hearing of many hi fi lovers worldwide would be spared... 🤣🤣🤣
I wonder if they will finally shelve down the highs. I bet there is a zero % chance lol. 
I think there will be many new products at the end of this year so it’s better not to buy anything new now :D Most of the brands released their current product lines 5,6,7 years ago. It’s understandable if some dealers say some products are (going to) discontinue(d), or are out of stock because of there are not enough material/supply due to the covid (rather than say they are going to release the new products because that would reduce the sales of their current stock)
I was at a local dealer a month ago and in a casual conversation they expected the new 800 line to be out this year. 
There'll be a three-position setting for the treble: bright, shrill, and piercing.
jjss493,082 posts07-10-2021 7:34pmoh and i thought the hearing of many hi fi lovers worldwide would be spared... 🤣🤣🤣

~~~~~~~
haha. 
B&W vs Bose, 
Shootout at the highly distorted corral. 
I might actually perfer Bose. 
The  famous yellow cone midwoofers,,haha, what a  hook. 
I see B&W is promoting a  $60k speaker, I guess they see what Wilson's are fetching,,they figure maybe we could get $60G's. 
twoleftears4,086 posts07-11-2021 11:53amThere'll be a three-position setting for the treble: bright, shrill, and piercing

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
haha
The woofers will have a  setting
 boom/boomy/  KABOOMMMM
The 800 series of B&W speakers with diamond tweeters sound excellent top to bottom. B&W seems to have got the reputation of being bright & boomy (for whatever reason), but it's certainly not in that series. Just saying...  
Yep, I agree. I have the 802d3’s and find them very balanced.  I know a lot of people disliked the old yellow Kevlar mid range on the prior series.  I think those could possibly sound bright at times  if improper or weak amplification was used.