bose 2201 speaker

i heard that before the bose 901's came out there was speaker before it. i think it was called, '2201' any thoughts on this speaker???
128x128g_nakamoto
The 2201 is one of the more unusual speakers that I have ever seen. In spite of that, I would have little interest in hearing them. Just seeing such an invention makes wonder what Amar was trying to achieve.
 The 901, which was an incredibly successful speaker, never once moved me in a way that I would want to own a set. Too bad, because they did look cool back in the day. 
I would think the 2201 would have been unmarketable, which could be why it was never marketed. :)  Amar Bose was rather successful with the 901, though.  And certainly with the Acoustimas systems and the Wave-this and Quiet Comfort-that.  Marketing might get you a flash in the pan, but engineering and customer service can get you products that last over 45 years in the marketplace (901) and a multi-million dollar success story with legions of fans.
I remember seeing this and hearing it at a New York Audio Show many decades ago.  Strange and puzzling.  
Krikey! So, basically, no good ideas, ever.  And yet, household name. Anyone ever doubts the power of marketing, ladies and gentlemen, I give you: Bose!