Borresen X3

Hello,

For those who have had the opportunity to hear and or own the X3 I am very interested in your impressions/opinions. 

Thank you.

Ag insider logo xs@2xletitbe1306

333 normally is pretty forward and vocal even when not wanted ..but yea you made him look foolish....pretty funny though

Funny enough, having auditioned the Yamaha NS-5000s with their TOTL separates, I can comfortably and confidently assert that they are not competitive, let alone superior, to the Borresen X series. That would even be true if the NS-5000s retailed for under $10K/pair. And I say that as someone who is probably one of Yamaha’s biggest fanboys. The NS-5000s are certainly good, price unconsidered, but the X3s are downright exceptional when setup well and paired with decent amplification (like something other than Axxes’ 100 wpc Forte). The X series is also a much better value considering the X3s outperform the 5000s for 2/3rds the price.

If anything, the X series has flown too far under the radar for the value it achieves. Prior to experiencing the X3s, I was a staunch factory direct/DIY convert. I had vowed to never again buy another pair of dealer-hawked speakers, due to their comparatively low performance values. The Borresens upended that philosophy for me. The only dealer marketed speakers I’ve encountered in all these years that match or exceed the X series retail for at least twice the MSRP.