Borresen Loudspeakers

Had the opportunity to attend the launch event of the Borresen X1 loudspeakers last night in Chicago @nextlevelhifi ​​​​​with @jays_audio_lab. From their M6 at $550k per pair all the way down to the newly launched X1 speakers last night at $5500 your ears will smile. Amazing what a 4.5” driver can do. If you are in the market for any price range speaker about $5,000 and up you have to hear these. Imaging is 3 dimensional, larger than life soundstage and just absolutely stunning performance with a look that will fit any room. This manufacturer out of Denmark really gets it and I don’t care what price point you are looking at these speakers will out perform speakers double the price.  If you are buying speakers up to $25k you have to hear their $11k option.  The rep for Borresen is hitting all the shows/events over the next several months in the US. Oh, and by the way, I loved the X1 so much I bought the first pair that will ship to me in early March!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwoots

Of course my speakers arrived @nextlevelhifi yesterday and I am heading out on vacation today so I’ll have to wait a week. Would have been great to have let them play for a week while I was out of town.  

@woots see if Josh or Tyler will run them in for you while you’re gone. They do it all the time for customers. 

scslite: So far right out of the box a tad bright, but I am breaking them in with a different Class D Amp. The Naim gear however sounds the best with them so far, and I will try the BAT VK80i on them as well once I get 100 hours on them, as they do improve over time. I need to go over what Lars told me to place them, more of a U configuration than a Triangle, is what I remember. I am comparing them to a pair of Audio Physic "Spark" which is a remarkable speaker as well.

woots: Have fun on Vacation and listening to those when you get back.

I just listened to the Borresen X2 Model (2.5 way towers) and on familiar program material they sounded really, really nice.  Bass was clean, clear and well defined, midrange and treble were like an open window the sound was so clear.  

My only concern was the imaging which I will need to revisit before buying them. The center image seemed to shift away from the center at random times.  Possibly not the best toe angle for the broadest sweet spot.  Regardless these are seriously good sounding speakers and nothing to scoff at before hearing them.