Borresen Loudspeakers

Had the opportunity to attend the launch event of the Borresen X1 loudspeakers last night in Chicago @nextlevelhifi ​​​​​with @jays_audio_lab. From their M6 at $550k per pair all the way down to the newly launched X1 speakers last night at $5500 your ears will smile. Amazing what a 4.5” driver can do. If you are in the market for any price range speaker about $5,000 and up you have to hear these. Imaging is 3 dimensional, larger than life soundstage and just absolutely stunning performance with a look that will fit any room. This manufacturer out of Denmark really gets it and I don’t care what price point you are looking at these speakers will out perform speakers double the price.  If you are buying speakers up to $25k you have to hear their $11k option.  The rep for Borresen is hitting all the shows/events over the next several months in the US. Oh, and by the way, I loved the X1 so much I bought the first pair that will ship to me in early March!

128x128Ag insider logo xs@2xwoots

Showing 4 responses by networkguy2010

Congratulations on the purchase of the X1’s. I agree with you that the performance to price ratio is insane. When I got to the shop before people arrived I sat on the couch and thought I was listening to the x6s. Nope, it was the x1. I really don’t feel that there is anyone who can match the performance and value you get.

@mijostyn. Were you there last night? Considering the x1s just arrived at Next Level HiFi on Friday and they are the first pair in the world to be shown, how did you see and hear the system? I’m fine with each having their own opinion. That’s what makes this hobby great. I guess all the praise the x3 has received by just about every reputable reviewer is flawed? I’m confused how you make that assumption. But it’s fine. To each his own.

FYI, was told AGD along with Next Level will be in Florida for the audio show in a few weeks. Swing on by and listen to the x1s, x2s and M3s in person.

@woots. As @seminolead1 stated, the X3s were in the area to the right with the Naim 500 stack and the Sopra 3s. Indeed, next to the X1s were the X6 paired with the Forte series. 

@woots see if Josh or Tyler will run them in for you while you’re gone. They do it all the time for customers.