Bookshelf speaker recommendations

I am in the need for some recommendation for bookshelf speakers in a small room(10x10). I currently have the Paradigm Mini Monitor v3 and for the price are good sounding speakers but they are way too midbass heavy like boxy sounding. A few options I was looking was the Dynaudio Audience 42 or 52 or even the Contour 1.1. I listening to everything but mostly rock and country. Every once in a while I like listening to vocals and acoustic instruments.

This will be powered by an Acurus A150 amplifier with a Rotel RC-995 preamp. My source is strictly lossless files and some streaming. 

My budget is around 1.2k.

Ag insider logo xs@2xhighend64

Keep a look out for a pair of pre-owned Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference or Tyler Linbrook monitors. These are equipped with parts and drivers normally only found in >/= $8K/pair speakers. I recently bought an early 2000s pair of Taylo Refs that came with the upgraded Seas Excel (gold ring) tweeter for a mere $600. From about 60Hz on up, they are quite easily the best monitors/bookshelf speakers I’ve owned and among the best I’ve auditioned at any price. They will easily walk all over some of the $6K/pair dealer-sold bookshelf speakers and compete well against speakers like the B&W 805 D4s. 

Pretty much any brand new box store/dealer-sold speakers under $2K/pair sound like distortion machines relative to the aforementioned Tyler speakers. 

op - If you keep high expectations but set a low budget, you might as well raise your budget and let everyone around here know who is trying to help. For example, someone suggested the SCM7, but then you said you preferred the SCM11, which is 100% higher than the budget you initially specified. I suggested lower-priced speakers, and then you were interested in SF Sonetto II that are 130% more expensive.  I'm not saying you need to agree with our recommendations—audio gear is subjective, after all—but at the very least, you should make up your mind to avoid wasting everyone's time here.

How about ATC SCM 11s. A sealed design with fantastic dynamics. Even the smaller SCM 7s might work. 

@lanx0003 My expectations is high, maybe but a better question should be asked, should I expect to get higher quality sound at a higher price tag? That is where expectations are high also.

OP, if your bar is set high, that’s great. Consider setting a higher budget to accept suggestions that meet your expectations. Push your envelope to where your point of diminishing returns lies. I went through a similar process and ultimately settled on the Buchardt S400 II, which is priced right around $2.4k. The SCM11 was also on my radar but was ruled out primarily due to its limited low-end extension. I prioritize soundstage and tonal balance with nimble bass, a full midrange, and airy highs. For me, the SCM11 falls into the restricted low-end category and wouldn’t be my cup of tea, even though it is a competent performer in the rest of the frequency spectrum.

Back then, I also asked for help from Audiogoners, but I was honest with them about my budget being around $2k. I had an initial list of choices, and Audiogoners helped me fine-tune and narrow down my options to three. The process is much more straightforward and smooth if your goals align with theirs. Don’t aim too high but settle for less—you’re wasting not only your own time but others’ as well. No offense intended, please.