Bluesound Node for Hegel 190?

Hey all,

I have a Hegel 190 driving a pair of PSB Synchrony One floor standers, my only source is streaming of Tidal via Airplay to the DAC internal to the H190. Streaming is via Airplay from my iPhone then Ethernet.

Would the new Node best Airplay and Hegel’s internal DAC? The Node has a 30 day trial period, so no risk other than time.

Does anyone use a Node with your Hegel integrated? Your experience would be welcome.

Thanks

fundsgon

we are a Hegel and bluesound dealer the node is great however a more expensive streamer will take your hegel to an entirely different level

look at a 432evo standard a Roon core and endpoint 3500 you will be shocked at the difference

Dave and Troy

Audio intellect nj

432evo us importers

I am a little confused as to the OPs current setup. You stream Tidal via your phone over AirPlay to the Hegel? Or do you send the Tidal files over Ethernet? Is there a computer in the setup?

The Node will probably sound better if it connects digitally to the amp. You then should be bypassing the DAC in the Node and just be using it as a player. If you want to use the Node DAC connect to the amp via RCA, not digitally. As to which DAC will sound better, my bias would be the Hegel, but if you can do a no risk trial then check it out yourself.  Either way it should be AirPlay

First make sure you like the Hegels DAC, try playing some CD’s. If you like the DAC then try a better transport (eg. iFi Istream, Martin Logan Unison, Zidoo Eversolo).

I think the Hegel is a mismatch with the Node. The Node is not as transparent and a bit too laid back.

The NODE digitally connected to the H190 will be superior to the Airplay solution you're using now, but still not as good as you want to be. Since you're already connecting the H190 to your network, try the free trial of Roon. The H190 via Roon will sound better than the Bluesound supplying the stream to the H190. If you aren't interested in Roon licensing, something like the Innuos PULSEmini is an outstanding performer for the money and uses their excellent Sense app. Yes, it is more expensive than the NODE, but still reasonable. I see you're in Canada and we're a Canadian dealer. Feel free to reach out to us if you like.

Node will best Airplay, DAC in Hegel better than DAC in Node...source is important too, not just DAC...

Airplay casts Tidal wirelessly to my router; the router is connected to the Hegel via CAT6 Ethernet cable, so Airplay is a combination of wireless and Ethernet. I want to start with a new streamer in the $1000 range. If I get an improvement in sound I’ll next try a new dac. My system is really simple at this point.

thanks for any advice.