Bluesound Node for Hegel 190?

Hey all,

I have a Hegel 190 driving a pair of PSB Synchrony One floor standers, my only source is streaming of Tidal via Airplay to the DAC internal to the H190. Streaming is via Airplay from my iPhone then Ethernet.

Would the new Node best Airplay and Hegel’s internal DAC? The Node has a 30 day trial period, so no risk other than time.

Does anyone use a Node with your Hegel integrated? Your experience would be welcome.

Thanks

fundsgon

Showing 1 response by everest_audio

The NODE digitally connected to the H190 will be superior to the Airplay solution you're using now, but still not as good as you want to be. Since you're already connecting the H190 to your network, try the free trial of Roon. The H190 via Roon will sound better than the Bluesound supplying the stream to the H190. If you aren't interested in Roon licensing, something like the Innuos PULSEmini is an outstanding performer for the money and uses their excellent Sense app. Yes, it is more expensive than the NODE, but still reasonable. I see you're in Canada and we're a Canadian dealer. Feel free to reach out to us if you like.