Best standmounts with a 7" woofer/driver

Hi All,

Love to her recommendations on bookshelf speakers with a 7 inch woofer. I know I should not focus everything on driver size, but I would like a bookshelf that can move some air. Big sound. I currently own Revival Atalante 3.They have a nice 7 inch driver. Just shopping for possible upgrades. My room is 14' X 12'

Please share your best bookshelf speakers... High end only.

Cheers

128x128bunkertoy

It's hard to beat the Atalante 3s unless you more than double the price (or used).

The Dynaudio Contour 20 might be similar but still better materials, more bass

@grislybutter Thanks for the extensive list of standmount speakers.

My sound signature is warm with great bass, not to bright or harsh. I listen to all genres of music.

I realize driver size does not make a speaker. I was also intrigues with the Trenner & Friedl ART speakers.

When I say high end, I mean quality parts handcrafted type of speaker. Not a mass produced Chinese manufactured speaker.

Fritz’s speakers would fit that bill.  Joseph Audio Pulsars (both versions) would as well,  Harbeth, Dynaudio, and Spendor have been mentioned already.  You might consider ATC as well.  I’m sure you saw @grislybutter ’s list which is great.  You can use that to research what others think of various sound profiles and then audition some yourself, if you can, to see what you like.

Buy a used pair of Joseph Audio Pulsars (either version) and compare.  It’s got a 5.5” midwoof but goes lower than the Revivals (by measurements) and by all accounts moves more air than expected for their size.  The bonus is you get that magical asymmetric crossover that delivers an expansive and effortless 3D soundstage and pulls off an amazing disappearing act few can match.  Very easy to sell if you’re not blown away.  Just one option FWIW.