B&W - THE Nautilus.

Guys

Wanted to get your opinions about a purchase (hopefully, I am not crazy!). In case a similar topic has been discussed before, apologize and would appreciate if you can point me to right threads.

I am debating purchasing “The Nautilus” speaker (yes, the iconic B&W speakers shaped like the nautilus shell).

Its currently listed for just shy of 30K by a seller online (to keep it simple, let’s assume seller & speaker is legit and I’ll do all the verifications before buying - that’s the easy part).

I know this is an older model (w/o diamond tweeters etc.) but it looks great and was considered the very best by B&W at one point of time (heck, maybe even today!).

Couple of questions

1. what would be a reasonable price point to offer for this model, assuming seller is open to negotiation?

2. how would this compare in terms of sound quality to a used 800D that I can get for half the price.

3. Incase there are repairs / issues down the line, is it easy to find parts to fix for this model.

Thanks!
rt740
Post removed 

I have to give a no vote. For what you would pay and all of the trouble of multiple amplifiers and an active crossover, there are just so many other very desirable high performance speakers out there that are interesting to look at in their own way. Future service issues are another consideration.

Buy different speakers, and get an aquarium with some big snails. 

Thanks for the candid feedback folks!

Based on your comments, I don’t think it’s worth all the effort and cost to maintain these in the long run. I am not a die hard fan of B&W to have so much commitment. 
I'm glad you went with no!! :)

I heard these when they came out at the B&W demo room with a stack of Krell amps per speaker. Something like 6 amplifiers in all.  Not worth it then. Not now.

For some interesting and related tech, listen to Vivid.
If you like the Nautilus why not demo the latest derivations of these, Vivid Giya Series 2 or Kaya 90. The Kaya is under 30K new.

I did not notice the poster above mentioned Vivid. I have demoed the Kaya 90 and it is a very good speaker.