b&w 805d2, d3, pm1, and others

hi, there,

i am thinking of getting a new bookshelf speaker. there are couple speakers in my mind

b&w 805d2, 805d3
b&w pm1, cm6 s2
pmc twenty.22
psb synchrony one b
focal aria 906
kef ls50

those speakers are not in the same price range. it is used for classical music (large orchestra works). i am looking for a pair with possible best performance/price ratio. getting a speaker like cm6 s2 would allow me to stay comfortably within my budget. as i am new to audiophile, i am not sure should i go for little bit more high-end, or just stay in entry level. i wonder if extra budget (805d2, d3) actually makes the difference, i would go them. thank a bunch.

jay
kinderspiele
I have listened to the 805d2's but not the d3s.  I really like the D2's but they yearn for a subwoofer.  You can do a lot with a Rel T9 or larger.  I've heard these together and it all worked beautifully.  I'm sure know this but the rest of your components also obviously matter a lot, too.  I think the 805's pair nicely with a Parasound Amp.  You can go with their integrated and get great price/performance.
Sad, but true. It a minimum, you'll want to add a subwoofer to the monitors. Big orchestral works require full range and little speakers won't get the job done. For chamber music, jazz etc. that's another story. Cheers,
Spencer
If you are REALLY interested in the power and the glory of large classical music, you ain't gonna get it with a bookshelf.  Get yourself a top rated earphone and accompanying amp for it.  You'll be so highly impressed, you may only use your speakers for background music.
I was pretty impressed with sonus faber bookshelf i heard a few weeks back. you might give those a listen