AXPONA 2024

I just attended Axpona with Infigo Audio.  I just wondered what was everyone’s overall thoughts. What systems , rooms, brand and experiences did you have?  What are your likes, dislikes etc.  

calvinj

@thecarpathian Good definition of insanity, lol.

I was very much looking forward to hearing the Borresen's as I was unable to go to the Next Level demo a couple of months ago.  Must be my 74 year-old ears, but I found myself physically wincing more than once while listening to the X1's (I think).  That was a disappointment.  On the other hand there were lots of great sounding speakers and many rooms were well set up.  Several rooms had Magico's and they all sounded good.  Something new: an Italian company called Turnbull.  They had some stand-mounters with excellent sound, including bass.  There also seemed to be quite a few open-baffle offerings that were good.  I didn't keep good notes, but an example would be Pure Audio Project.

My taste runs toward the BBC sound and as always I enjoyed listening to some large Tannoy's, Spendor Classics and Hatbeth SHL's in various rooms..

A very useful show.  I need to be more systematic about notes and pictures,  though.

My preferences

+1 @treepmeyer on the wincing!  I thought I was the only one to find the Borresens a bit much.  I have very resolving SS gear, yet still find these over-etched for me. Impressive in many ways yes.  I actually enjoyed their smaller speakers more.  By comparison the big Giyas with GTT's Audionet amps were stellar.

Mike, thanks for the pics and your report. It was a great show with lots great sounding room and music. 

Fastfreight the Borensen c1 is really stellar. At times they play tune that are aggressive for others. If I ever buy those  C1? They will suit me well. Jazz,  classical music. Piano , vocal, rock like Bruce Springsteen album will work.Those agressive music they played are good for demo only.Those speakers will bring out what ever the source has.

"Borensen" Is this a new manufacturer as I have never heard ot this brand. They may run into some problems as the name is very close to Børresen, a brand from Denmark.