AXPONA 2024

I just attended Axpona with Infigo Audio.  I just wondered what was everyone’s overall thoughts. What systems , rooms, brand and experiences did you have?  What are your likes, dislikes etc.  

calvinj

Showing 11 responses by jayctoy

Calvinj one more thing I notice the guys who operates the system at axpona don’t k now how to use the volume properly in regards to the size of the room.When they use higher volume then the room can’t handle sound bounce all over. This year some system they are using very low volume.You can barely  hear and feel the music.

Yes they do that playing over and over again one album. I wonder what are they thinking Calvin.I mentioned on my previous post Borensen C1 room played different type of music, to showcase their set up ? It works.

The best axpona , I have  a good time .I arrive 1 pm Friday I listen just a little bit, bought some music, 5pm done . Saturday I started listening from 1st floor to 7 th floor unable to listen to the floor up.I like the Borensen c1 speakers , Rhaido and Margules room. Quintessence set up in the lobby Wilson ALEXX AND DAN AGOSTINO MONO AMPS.

Sometimes I shake my head how they set up systems at Axpona. Many times expensive systems don’t even sound musical and involving. Yet they sound good. This year axpona after I listened to Borensen c1 monitor on the first floor? It became my reference. I like that system a lot very fast , good bass and amazing slam, palpability ,musical  for my taste I love it. The one system that almost equal it is the Raidho and Margules combo.I don’t know if Mikelavingne listen to both system.Also Andrew Jones regardless of price? You know you will hear music music in his room.

Usually big speakers don’t do well at axpona compare to monitors.You don’t have enough time to treat the room and become familiar how ithe room and speakers interaction.Is it possible to be able to make the system sing ? Why not ? If the room size is right for the speakers. Example the  Borensen room.I also notice the speaker placement is perfect. The Borensen crew know what they are doing. Plus they know how to showcase the system playing right music for the speakers .

Botrytis , Mike is not attacking you. He is asking how you will do it? MikeLavigne is not gonna do that to you.I have never seen Him attacking anyone in this site.He is always willing to share his knowledge as much as he could so the reader will benefit from it .I bet if you ask Him to listen to his amazing system more like you will be welcome. 

I pass by your room Calvin maybe pass 2pm Saturday, it looks like you guys are on break.Thats ok there is always next time.

Calvinj I agree the Borensen c1 room there was no treatment. The system was able to perform to its highest level.

Fastfreight the Borensen c1 is really stellar. At times they play tune that are aggressive for others. If I ever buy those  C1? They will suit me well. Jazz,  classical music. Piano , vocal, rock like Bruce Springsteen album will work.Those agressive music they played are good for demo only.Those speakers will bring out what ever the source has.