Aurender N100 software update, now Aurender Media Manager is incompatible!

My Aurender N100 performed a software update this morning to the latest greatest out today version.
Whoopeedoo!
It then restarts and db cannot be downloaded and now ALL of my albums on my local 4tb USB drive cannot be accessed.
Go to my PC to start the Aurender Media Manager to get the lovely message that it is not compatible with the Aurender software and to download the latest version of AMM.
Great, apart from the fact the version I am using IS the latest version and there is nothing newer available from Aurender.
Their help and support desk has been of no help or support as of yet.

Anybody else had this problem today? 
128x128uberwaltz
In all honesty over the few short months I have had the n100 I have had more communication and drive recognition issues than with any other piece of hardware ever.
It is kind of souring me to the Aurender.

Makes me wonder why I did not buy a Lumin D1 when it was offered to me at a crazy low price......
I can understand the frustration.
My N100 did the same thing after an 'upgrade'. I had to send it back for diagnosis- one of the drives was corrupted. I cost $180, but it works.
I haven't done the upgrade yet, so I don't know if it is the culprit, but if it does corrupt my drive again, I hope Aurender will foot the bill.
And, don't kick yourself for not buying a Lumin, this stuff (streaming music) is in it's infancy, so stuff happens. 
BTW, when I heard the difference between the Aurender and Bluesound, I knew I had to give Aurender a shot. Unfortunately, Aurender is only for Tidal and Qobuz. Nor, does Aurender allow you to sync 2 systems for whole house music like Bluesound.
Bob
I had similar problems with my N100H.  I was lucky and support worked some kind of magic to get it running again.   I ended up selling it and bought a second Sony HAP-Z1ES HDD player.  To me it sounds better and far less hassle.  It takes less than 20 seconds from the time I power it on to when I am playing music.  For the record, I was running the N100H through a Wyred4Sound DAC2 DSDSE with the Femto clock.  Like I said, I like the Sony better for me.  
Another nail in its coffin..
Finally I decided to give Roon a trial, free for 14 days.
Great I thought.
Yeah right, Aurender and Roon do not play together , the n100 is not a Roon endpoint and Roon only sees it over Airplay.
Ho hum.
I think a Sonore  Ultrarendu is on the horizon to try with Roon.
Hard to go far wrong at the price I feel.
Just got this from Ari.

Ari Margolis (Aurender) 

Apr 3, 10:01 KST

Hello,
Thank you for your inquiry and thanks for using an Aurender in your system. Sorry to hear about the trouble. 

There will be a new AMM version released soon. Our software team is working on it.

Thank you for your patience,

i mean seriously?
Why would you not have both parts of connected software updates ready at the same time.
Makes no sense.
Uberwaltz,

I recently made the jump from Aurender to Roon.  I did so because I wanted whole house, music zones (Sonos system) and because I don’t like the way music backup can be done from Aurender.  I have 2 TB of music on my 4 TB Aurender.  My pre/pro is a Classe Sigma SSP.

A few points:  
1.  I just checked and it appears I can still access my NAS from my Aurender even with the new update so don’t understand why you are having issues.  The Conductor App is not Roon but it works reasonably well if you are just playing music locally.

2.  Accessing a NAS from Aurender is not a strong point of this platform and I wouldn’t generally recommend it.  Previously, you were planning on installing an internal hard drive.  Did you do this?  It shouldn’t matter too much which HD because the Aurender reads the file from the HD to a second internal SSD to play from and this is where Aurender shines quite well for the money... but it does strongly benefit from:  PC upgrade, isolation feet and a very high quality USB cable.

3.  If you are still planning on going with the Roon, I have not had good success running it from my dedicated iMac, but I love running it from a Nucleus (plus in my case).  With following qualifier... if you are running USB out, you should significantly upgrade power supply (I’m using a Keces) and Ethernet cables need to be top notch.  USB cable is critical and isolation feet need to be under both Nucleus and power supply.  My bill for this upgrade ended up costing over $5K so a huge price investment when possibly a $350 internal drive might solve your problems.  I had expected it to run around $3K so was pretty disappointed once I discovered how many ancillary products were necessary for great sound.   I don’t know if the big power supply is necessary if you are using a different Roon endpoint via Ethernet.  I don’t have a way of testing this.

Were I to fully understand the true costs of going from Aurender to Roon with good sound quality...  I probably would have waited or may have gone a different direction like Innuos although now that I have it fully optimized, it does sound at least as good as the Aurender and I can play my music all over the house...

I hope this is helpful info for you.

Nice post and thank you.
It is not the NAS I cannot access, I do not use one.
i went a simpler way imho.
i just went with a 4tb usb hdd plugged directly into the n100.
this is what requires the amm to be in sync as it prepares a database of the usb drive for the n100 to use for artwork and track listings etc.
That is why I now cannot access the usb drive.

Had three further emails from Ari, who says they are working on it feverish as they realized they screwed up!
At least he is honest.
I run roon ROCK on a fanless NUC cost $600. You can connect the NUC by USB to your DAC or use an endpoint.you can connect USB drives to it as well.
There seems to be a huge range of NUC for sale.
What would you say are the basic requirements?
Go to roon and look up rock or just Google roon rock it runs on specific NUC’s. They give a list I got a fanless i5 with 8gigs of ram and a 250 G M.2 SSD cost around $600. Roon ROCK is a free download from roon it’s their OS optimized to run roon core server.  Edit: This is easier,

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Roon_Optimized_Core_Kit
Not me.
Ain't got one. They wouldn't even play with Android when I looked at 'em
meh
My 3 streamers are working fine.
At the moment.
Ahh, that makes more sense. I have only used the USB for copying files into the internal drive. Never tried using USB as an active drive on Aurender. I would still recommend you upgrading to an internal drive as I think this is what Aurender design was optimized for. Even if you still decide to move on to a different system I would guess having the internal drive would dramatically increase it’s saleability and though it is not perfect in all circumstances, the Aurender is a very good platform for playing locally stored music, Qobuz and Tidal. It crushes my optimized iMac Mini for sound quality and I expect you have to spend multiples more for dramatically better sound quality improvements.

Again, good luck
psnyder.
You are likely correct that I should go with a 4tb internal hdd inside my n100.
It does look like Aurender have updated the AMM overnight according to Ari and it is downloading as we speak.
I do like to have options.
But yes I think ebay will be scoured for a hdd today!
Well Aurender customer support did react swiftly and fixed their gaffe.
Email with new software link from Ari this morning and it now is working as designed again.
Top marks for resolving so quickly.
Bottom marks for creating the situation to begin with.
uber,

Glad to hear you got your N100 working as it should. As @psnyder149 pointed out, you should get a internal drive and play your rips off internal drive. Keep the external drive as a backup.

Five plus years with Aurender, I have nothing but high praises for their customer service. As far as I am concerned, Aurender checks all the right boxes...

sound quality ✔️build quality ✔️superb iOS app ✔️

Should you choose to venture into Lumin or Roon NUC, please post your findings 😊
Roon looks good but not significantly better than the Conductor app IMHO.
Certainly not worth $120 a year or a one off $699.
I have just ordered a 2tb HDD to start with and see what I think.
I have approximately 1.8tb of music files on my 4tb USB drive so will just fit on the internal drive.
Yes does not leave much headroom but for now it will give me an indication of if it is better SQ.
@OP,
I would cut Aurender some slack. 
Given streaming music is relatively new and the software has to work on Mac and PC, sometimes things get screwed up.
I remember a Microsoft update that messed up networked PC's communicating with each other that wasn't fixed for almost a year.
B