Audiolab CDT 6000 Owners: Share the Love + Need help with time settings for Pause

I picked one up slightly used ~ 100 hours but now have ~ 50 more, including many  hours with burn in discs. I am truly amazed at the value this transport represents. I have tried several times to set the pause clock, as per the manual; holding for 3 seconds then pushing the same button (#1) but the 20M doesn't hold. Help! 

Here's a fantastic review that is a must read.

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=audiolab+6000cdt+dedicated+cd+transport+review

tweak1

I just got one 2 months ago, not sure I understand what you mean by “pause clock?”  Kind of hate how it always goes into stand by.  Minor inconvenience, it’s a very solid transport.

It's the main weak point of this otherwise excellent transport. According to the manual you can select the amount of pause time between 2 settings. Figuring out how to do that is not clear, but you press the button on the player repeatedly until you get the pause time you want, or Standby, or Never. However, once the time expires, it goes to Standby, where I would think it would simply start playing at the point it was paused. You can also select NEVER

Ok, I did something tonight and I think I reset the Standby feature to “Never”?

Push Standyby on the remote for 3 seconds until it says VER-044, then press it again and it will say 20 min, press again it says 1 Hr, press it a 3rd time and it will say “NEVER”

Beware once you get it to say never, now I can’t seem to un-reset it.  I just did this 5 minutes ago, so shortly I’ll see if I was successful in resetting the Standby feature.

It doesn't function the way I intuited it would. What I find is the Never setting means it will stop spinning the disc eventually, BUT, not go into Standby.

hth

You need to have “Repeat” on, otherwise, it will stop at the end of the cd

With mine, I have to manually put it into standby now.  No more annoying Automatic Standby

Once you scroll through to NEVER, simply stop scrolling and it does not go into Standby, but if you pause in the middle of a song, eventually it does stop spinning while returning to regular screen

hth

Despite any idiosyncrasies with the remote, this is a pretty solid player.  I’m using a 1.5M Kimber Kable Coax on the transport and some cheaper Coax on my Bluesound Node 2i that’s not as good with an Audio-gd NFB-1s DAC.

Other gear:  Meridian 551 int, Meridian 504 tuner, Nakamichi DR2, Ariston RD80SL TT, Schiit Mani, ProAc Super Tablettes, Monitor Audio R700MD

What are you using with yours?

The remote is not intuitive and the way the manual lists the remote features is pathetic

Quibbles aside, it is a huge improvement for me over using cd players as transports.

My 6000 is connected to an Audio Alchemy DDP-1 + PS 5 via a 1.5m Pangea Premier SE > LSA Voyager GaN 350 > Emerald Physics 3.4s. All electronics is connected to a Core Power 1800 balanced PLC into a 20 dedicated line

In this system, I have no need for a tube pre, and since my system is 100% true balanced, a balanced tube pre would cost a lot of money

Also, once you set it to “never” or “1hour”, that setting is lost once you turn the unit Off/Standby.  The next time you turn it ON it is back to the default setting (15 minutes, I believe).

Also, once you set it to “never” or “1-hour”, that setting is lost once you turn the unit Off/Standby.  The next time you turn it ON it is back to the default setting (15 minutes, I believe).

It’s tricky for sure

After pressing the button for ~ 3 seconds, it will start scrolling through the options, as soon as your see NEVER, release the button

IF THAT DOESN"T WORK

after pressing the button for ~ 3 seconds, immediately/quickly press each option until you see NEVER then quickly release, then it should not default to Standby

hth

Mine hasn’t defaulted to 15 minutes after I put it in standby.  I’m not sure I could duplicate this though so I’ll just leave it be.  I always hated the auto Standby feature anyway.

FYI: I was listening last night, pushed pause, but when I hit play it went into sleep mode (dark display) and wouldn't come out of it. I've had a similar issue with my comcast cable remote when the batteries are too weak. I use rechargeable batteries, so I stuck them in my charging device and took them out after ~ 10 hours. I had to turn the dac off/on, but then all was well again
hth

I have had the CDT6000 for a year. It's been skipping and just plain stopping on  known good CDs. Just started doing this. CDs are not scratched and it seems to happen around the middle tracks. Any others have this issue?