Audio Science Review = "The better the measurement, the better the sound" philosophy

"Audiophiles are Snobs"  Youtube features an idiot!  He states, with no equivocation,  that $5,000 and $10,000 speakers sound equally good and a $500 and $5,000 integrated amp sound equally good.  He is either deaf or a liar or both! 

There is a site filled with posters like him called Audio Science Review.  If a reasonable person posts, they immediately tear him down, using selected words and/or sentences from the reasonable poster as100% proof that the audiophile is dumb and stupid with his money. They also occasionally state that the high end audio equipment/cable/tweak sellers are criminals who commit fraud on the public.  They often state that if something scientifically measures better, then it sounds better.   They give no credence to unmeasurable sound factors like PRAT and Ambiance.   Some of the posters music choices range from rap to hip hop and anything pop oriented created in the past from 1995.  

Have any of audiogon (or any other reasonable audio forum site) posters encountered this horrible group of miscreants?  

fleschler

@milpai "decooney, I was not even aware of Soulnote. Seems to be focused in Europe"

No credit due to me, I found the article link posted earlier by @nonoise in this thread. A fun and related read around the topic of measurement and sound, for anyone who may have missed it. Link is underlined below.

@nonoise "By coincidence, I came upon this while reading up on new reviews by the designer of Soulnote products.

All the best,
Nonoise"

Post removed 

@tonywinga Let's see if I have this right, amir_asr has purely altruistic motives for reviewing and measuring equipment.  He has no credentials that I have seen for test and measuring nor has he shown any type of equipment certification.  If I am wrong, now is the time to show that.  I'm calling nonsense on this.  No one does something for nothing.  Whether he is feeding his ego gaining notoriety through controversy or is making a good sum of cash, he has a motive.  The fact that he himself admitted  he would not report on a $20,000 DAC that he claims had a flaw seems to go against his very agenda.  Are not all of his followers now at risk of spending their money on this flawed DAC?  It would seem that his own moral standards have been compromised by accepting equipment from manufacturers to test at no cost. That is different from testing other peoples equipment for them that they own.

Is altruism so uncommon in this forsaken hobby that you assume not a single person with knowledge of audio engineering would do something for nothing? It speaks volumes to your character that you assume people are not inherently good by nature. Would you appreciate such criticism if you were in his shoes? 

It's incredible how willing people on this site are to dismantle the character of someone through pure assumptions. Truly a disgrace of a place in my opinion.  

Now you are just blowing smoke.  Altruism doesn’t include character assassination of dissenters. 

@mitch2 I wholeheartedly agree with your statements.

But I insist that everyone has to agree and think the same on the ASR forums. 

You can learn from ASR members and their posts. True.