Audio Kinesis Swarm Subwoofer Awarded 2019 Golden Ear Award by Robert E. Greene

Recognizing member and contributor @audiokinesis for this award!!!

http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/2019-golden-ear-awards-robert-e-greene/
david_ten

Showing 1 response by avanti1960

Congrats on the award and the idea of applying sound theories and principals that resulted in a product that stretches the envelope of home audio performance.  
I have successfully integrated one and two subwoofer solutions into my system when the main speakers had a natural roll off (acoustic crossover)  that made for a near ideal low pass frequency relative to the subwoofers.  
However I was not so successful with a recent set of main speakers that had extended low frequency output to 20Hz from the transmission line port.  I used two high quality highly adjustable subs (via a remote app) and although 80% of music sounded great, the other 20% caused issues that I could not live with- blurring midrange and low quality bass definition being the most common.  
I probably would have had better luck if I filtered the main speakers but this is something I am not willing to do because of practical implications and personal preference / audio sensibilities.    
I am now on a new set of main speakers and although I love the bass, measurements show that it reaches a certain output and levels off while the rest of the frequency spectrum can get louder. 
I miss the louder bass with more impact as the volume increases.    
One option I have is to increase amplifier power.   This should work well.
Another option I have is to try again with subwoofers (which I am reluctant to do) 

Would the 4 sub array lend itself to better integration with main speakers that are near full range (avoiding bass quality and blurred midrange issues) without high passing them?   How?  

In my two-sub setups I found that I needed to adjust the phase or each individually for best integration.  
Why wouldn't I need to do this with the swarm system?  

Thanks.