Bridge Robertson 4010 Question?

Hi

I have a Robertson 6010, a great 200W amp. I recently bought a used Robertson 4010 to go with either my center speaker or rear speakers. I dont have the manual for the 4010, but the manual for the 6010 specifically states not to bridge the 6010.

I would like to use the 4010 bridged for the center speaker, but I dont know if I can bridge it. If anyone has a manual for the 4010, I would appreciate letting me know if I can bridge the 4010 and the recommended way?

Thanx, NickM
nickm
I was the distributor for the 4010 when it first came out and I was President of Music & Sound Imports. The 4010 as I recall is NOT an amp that can be bridged. It was a pretty good amp in it's day, enjoy it.
Audioparts

Thanx for your reply. I like the 4010, but I've had the 6010 for over a dozen years and it still works and sounds like new. It's truely an incredible amp and much better then the 4010.

Nick
I agree that the 6010 is a very nice sounding amp. It is slightly lean sounding but other than that, i love it. I've got a copy of the 4010 manual. If you want, i can make a copy and drop it into the mail. I don't know if it is bridgeable, but i can look it up later tonight. Sean
>
For those interested, the 4010 is not recommended for bridged operation. Sean
>
An alternative is to run one channel of the amp. The power supply then has just one channel to "support", even though only one set of output transitors is in play. I think Parasound once advocated this method. Good luck.
My concern is that it would damage the other unused channel. I may give it a try and see how it sounds or I may buy a CC that has biwire input and Y the center channel.
Nickm,

I have to disagree on that point: i found that the 4010 sounds better thqn the 6010. More versatile and goes deeper into the grooves, a little less superficial.

I've only had it for six months, so I might still change my mind though.

Regards,

Pierre
I've run both with my Martin Logan Aerius I and the 6010 is far superior in every way.
BTW Robertson products were designed by John Iverson. I used to work for the company responsible for assembling Electro Research Speakers. He was a very interesting man to say the least. Robertson amps and preamps were assembled in Asia I believe. Take good care of it; the modules are no longer available as far as I know.
Hi All,

Anyone have a service manual or schematics for the 4010 or the 6010? 

Anyone have definitive info that John Iverson designed both amps?

Please be in touch.

-brett
www.brettmc.com