ARE AUDIOPHILES OVERLY SENSITIVE BY NATURE?FEELINGS AND OPINIONS?

I have been an audiophile the last 20 years for the last 5 years I have worked with Infigo Audio as my industry affiliation.  It’s been my experience in business and audio conversations that there are 2 areas that are interesting. When giving opinions many audiophiles try to come off smarter than the people they are talking to. Also in conflict resolution if you have disagreements they are more willing to go to extremes. Has anyone else experienced this.  Some seem like they can tell you what to do? How to post etc. which to me is crazy. Most of us are 30, 40, 50, 60,70 plus.  Thoughts everyone?

calvinj

@jayctoy my audio buddy passed 5 years ago.  It’s been rough.  Went on this journey together.  He had been in more years than I had. That’s why I try to to argue or be nasty.  Life is too short. 

@uncledemp that part all day. Recently had an issue.  Your response is exactly what I’m talking about. Guy threw a MINE MINE MINE FIT!  Lol. Can’t talk crazy to people and disparage their integrity.  Thumb Thugging! 

🤬Overly sensitive! Who said I was overly sensitive? I’m not overly sensitive! So there!

Sometimes these threads make me soo mad! AARRGGHHHH!!!!!!!!!

IF i COULD i WOULD INSERT AN IMAGE OF THE TASMANI  DEVIL

@calvinj 

There are often a few layers that drive dissension. Most would agree that we each have unique :

• Hearing abilities 
  • audio chains
  • power quality
  • ambient noise floors
  • room conditions

Therefore our perceptions are different

However a few live by:

1. A emotional resentment to the perceived  unaffordability of high-end audio components. This emotional resentment closes minds, resists opposing views, stubbornness to consider other viewpoints. 
  2. It’s wrong until proven right.  This is often from a fear of being wrong, and therefore resist from even trying - overly cautious.  They want to understand or more precisely get a “guarantee” that it works before trying.  High-end audio is usually best when one simply tries difficult combos to see what resonates with their subjective tastes/preferences.
  3. Measurement audiophiles - likely/mostly related to #1 resentment.  Items that cannot be easily defined by measurements (cables, fuses, audiophile network switches) is their hot button. They cannot accept the higher price over regular components without some concrete justification, but manufacturers won’t reveal their R@D results and conclusions for business reasons.
  4. My reasoning is universal truth
  5. My perceptions are universal truth. This is false 

My belief about high-end audio:

1. if many say this is true, chances are if I try it in my own system I’ll “probably” get the same result. But nothing is guaranteed
  2. Sonics are more important than measurements. Measurements alone do not tell if one subjectively likes the sonics vs other choices. Best to listen for yourself 
  3. Different sonic presentations are valid- it’s a matter of preferences rather than superiority/inferiority. Some may like a 300b midrange magic, others want end-to-end linearity. Some like nearfield listening, others room filling.