Anyone try stuffing their ports?

I've got EgglestonWorks Fontaines (dual ported) and was wondering if anyone else with these (or other) speakers have tried? Your results? What material did you use to stuff?
rockadanny
Stuffing your port is a fine idea at times.

Speaker designers aren't all knowing or all capable.  Your room may present a number of issues which may be solved by having a higher cutoff frequency, or your room aesthetics may force you to place a speaker too close to rear walls, giving you too much bass.

Stuffing the ports also has one additional advantage:  It increases the dynamic range by reducing excursion below the port tuning frequency.
Thanks for the reply Eric. I also played some with tweaking the subwoofer height by raising it a total of 2.5” above the floor, using hockey pucks and some ventilation ducting dampers (pucks alone don’t do a lot of vibration absorbing, but when combined with a lower Durometer material yield a nice audible effect as well as a bit more mechanical stability). I love that pucks can be used constructively when deployed with care, and they’re dirt cheap, at about $1 per unit. The  difference was noticeable. The sub has a front driver and a bottom passive radiator. I was amazed at how effective the small change in geometry was. I used a single knee high sock on the (only) rear port of the sub, which gave a nice tight fit. I also used pucks to lift my Hawk speakers off the (rather thin) carpet, which further improved audio quality. Last couple of days have me smiling as I revisit favorite tunes, and notice more detail in the form of the aforementioned tighter bass, as well as incrementally improved instrument timbre (how much an instrument sounds real—as if it were actually live in the room versus simply coming out of a speaker). Huge fun. 
I do not understand the idea of manufacturers or reviewers suggesting that ports should be stuffed with plugs if the end user is having problems with the bass. After all. speakers that are sealed boxes were designed to be sealed, and speakers that are ported were designed to be ported, so how is it not wrong to change that by stuffing the ports? 
I've been cooped up too long. I read 'tried stuffing your port" and expected an entirely different discussion.