Anyone try stuffing their ports?

I've got EgglestonWorks Fontaines (dual ported) and was wondering if anyone else with these (or other) speakers have tried? Your results? What material did you use to stuff?
rockadanny
HI,
Yes you are right. B&W is pretty smart. The result is the 805S's and the subs integrate seamlessly. When Stereophile's John Atkinson reviewed my speakers he ran curves with the ports both unstuffed and stuffed. While neither he or B&W gave any guidence concerning when or why to use the port plugs, it was semi-obvious what was intended. Note that not only is the low frequency response decreased somewhat with the plugs (to close to a acoustic suspension alignment), the response is also smoothed with the typical port hump reduced to almost zero. This is the desired result to integrate the subwoofers.

Sparky
Yes, I almost always obstruct the ports on my monitors even when using with a subwoofer.

I learned the trick when I owned B&W P6s which also came with foam port plugs.
What a great, if ancient, thread! I got lots of utility from this discussion.  Thanks, folks. FYI, I played with plugging ports on my Totem Hawks (came with configurable plugs) and also my (insert digital embarrassment here) Monoprice 10” subwoofer. Really great results. Improved low bass articulation, and all the low frequencies sound tighter, in a big way.  No more “boominess.” Way more musical. 
Cheers! 
Stuffing your port is a fine idea at times.

Speaker designers aren't all knowing or all capable.  Your room may present a number of issues which may be solved by having a higher cutoff frequency, or your room aesthetics may force you to place a speaker too close to rear walls, giving you too much bass.

Stuffing the ports also has one additional advantage:  It increases the dynamic range by reducing excursion below the port tuning frequency.