Anyone heard the new ARC LS28 SE?

In looking at getting a new preamp. I need balanced outputs for new amps. Has anyone heard the new ls28 se? Wondering how it compares to reference 6 or even the 40th anniversary preamp.
andrewnearman
Obviously true when speaking of current lines (duh, of course ARC wouldn't be so dumb to make current lower end product sound same as reference), but not necessarily obvious when comparing current product versus older reference.

After all, the SE upgrade to the LS28 specifically included many of the same upgrades (same gold coupling caps for one, per ARC themselves) that the Ref6SE got, so I wouldn't make blanket statements without actually comparing
You are correct Kren0006 comparing old vs new is a different story  :)

I think the Linestages do have the same sonic characteristics as their bigger brothers but as far as performance the Ref series is going to have more of EVERYTHING generally speaking.  Personally I love the new look of the current crop of Revolution preamps. 

HI everibody, I'm Teo and I am new at this forum. I just had occasion to test and taste :-)  both ARC pre ( I mean ls27  vs ref6).

I was looking to find a Pre to upgrade my set up.

In Milan, close were I live, There were in a music shop both equipment used on sale (but few hours operating ,valve counter says around 2000h) .

Dealer allow me to brought with me my set up, in order to add PRE and test before decide wich to buy.

My set up were composed by:

Hearbeth shl5+ 40th anniversary

PRE Cairn nanda  (dual mono  fully balanced)

FINAL  pair of 2 mono Cairn k1 A class 50W 

then we ran, in order  :

1- my set up as it is .

2- my set up (but not my PRE) inserting LS27

3-my set up (but not my PRE) inserting ref6

4-my set up (but not my PRE) inserting LS27 again 

was hard but in the end ls27 results more enjoiable and emotional respect ref6 ...YES I know..strange to say... but that was.

in the end , listening to our ears ...  ref6 doesn't worth the money ( double respect ls27) 

may be could be that I had to upgrade also Final stage  (but this means to spend around 10k€ again ) in order to hear /feel differently  and chose ref6.

we spend around 4 hours in test and listening the same differents music /tracks with all the set up configuration listed before...  in order to arrive a conclusions.... 

...hoping it will be usefull 

ciao MAt   

Wonderful….most likely you found best value of 3 preamps that then expose  and are ThEMselves limited by limitations up or downstream. Musical enjoyment is key ;-) 

Best to you !! enjoy the music

@teopulos  thought i might also mention a wonderful Italian audio shop i patronize….

Audio Antiquary , Casalecchio di Reno