Anyon have experience with Moon River Reference 404 Integrated?

Any our Audiogon family here see, feel, operate, hear one of these in the wild or at a dealer?  I'm intrigued by this product. 

128x128jbhiller

Well, I have one and have commented several times over the last couple of years, usually referring to how happy I am with it powering my Klipsch CW4’s.  Is there anything in particular you would like to know?  

Great. 

How do you like it? 
Do you feel it is a good value? 
What have you compared it to? 
Are there things you dislike about it? 
Does your journey include tube bars amps or preamps? 
What speakers have you run with it? 
What size room do you have? 

Doni, I went to see if you posted about the product. I thought it would be good to read the comments you referenced. I can’t seem to locate anything. Links?  Might help me. 

Sorry, I spend some time on the Steve Hoffman Forum, and probably posted there.  As to your questions, I like it a lot, and have used it with several sets of speakers, including the mentioned CW4's, but also Rogers LS3/5a's, Joseph Audio Pulsar 2's, JM Reynaud Bliss Silvers and Cantabile Jubilees, and Klipsch RP600M's.  I've tried it with low sensitivity LS50's, but didn't like the combo as much as with the higher sensitivity speakers.  I do feel it is good value, and I plan to add the DAC option, but am sort of waiting for some reviews, but that may take awhile.  Compared to other integrated amps I have, in its price range, I'd say it is my favorite.  Those include a Hegel H160, Naim Nait 50, and a Sugden A21 SE Sig.  As to what I would change about it, nothing comes to mind, but I'll think about that a bit more, and let you know.  Oh, and my room is a large open design of 20'x37', but remember, I'm using it with CW4's, so they fill the room with music, no bottleneck with the Moonriver.  I'd say its strengths are tonality, midrange purity, decent bass, and music just sounds right to me.  

I do have tube preamps, poweramps and Ganfet monoblocs, so my view is not restricted.  I feel it is the equal of them all, when paired with speakers of medium to high sensitivity.  What more can I tell you?

Thank you @doni . That is great information and very cogent. I appreciate this much. 

I have been mesmerized by this amp since the first time I saw it, beautiful, vintage design...

I didn't bother to mention it, but the Moonriver is a very handsome amp.  I never get tired of looking at it.

I agree!  I think it looks great. So much stuff out there just doesn't do it for me aesthetically.  So many expensive items just look boring. This thing is beautiful. The Swedes are good at this. 

The problem with high end audio design is that the look does not represent the quality - among other things. The most expensive amps look like a botched high school project of a box for something. "Engineering" taste....

yes, 3/4th sounds about right. I would love to have a list of beautiful amps, the same way I collated https://speakerchoices.com/index.html

But I know so little about amps, I should stay away from it. 

I just heard it when I drove down from Phoenix to Alma Audio in San Diego to demo the Boenicke W8SE speakers (which came home with me). Those loudspeakers are supposed to be fairly current hungry and that amp did a great job driving them. The sound running through that setup produced a nice sized soundstage, super clean top end, mids/vocals were outstanding and the low end was sufficient. Of course they had a nice DAC and nice  cables hooked up as well for my speaker demo but that amp, along with the similarly priced Hegel H400 would both  be on my list in the $7K price point. I thought it was a really nice bit of kit. 

Post removed 

You might want to check out how the amp measured, noting especially the channel separation and clipping power into 8 and 4 ohm.

Moonriver 404 Reference integrated amplifier Measurements | Stereophile.com